Chapter 19: Realization

"Yeah...but the guy in this book is so hot," Lauren marveled.

"How can a guy in a book be hot?" Lara questioned.

"By the way the author describes them, duh!" Lauren stated. I just looked out at the ocean barley hearing their conversation. Lauren, Lara me and Serena were at the beach today since it was sunnier than usual and we wanted to take advantage of that, although I didn't particularly love sun bathing. I couldn't get Leo out of my head, I knew it was stupid, really stupid but I had just hoped and prayed it wasn't him, that I had started to believe it.

So, to find out it was him was a bit of a shock. I don't even know why exactly. Maybe, because I was starting to fall for him but, I wasn't going to dwell on that!

"Hello...earth to Alison," Lauren said waving her hand in front of my face.

"Yeah...sorry what?" I asked, having no idea what they were talking about.

"Who were you daydreaming about," She smirked nudging me slightly.

"Oh...its nothing," I said, wanting to zone out again.

"So, what are our plans for the weekend. Wanna go clubbing?" Lara piped in.

Clubbing...I did not do clubbing. I haven't even tasted alchohol before.

"No," I said almost straight away, earning a confused look from Lauren. 

"What are we talking about?" Serena asked coming back from the toilet.

"Wanna go clubbing this weekend?" Lara asked her hoping for a more positive response.

"Hm...maybe we could stay at the beach house and watch movies," Serena suggested, not too keen on the idea of clubbing. I frowned slightly. I thought Serena would be really up for it and from the look Lara was giving her, she probably had the same thoughts.

"Ohh...yes, that would be so much fun," Lauren spoke up.

So, it was settled, I would be spending my weekend watching movies. Great, just great...that was really going to get my mind off everything. I had an idea, if I did go clubbing maybe I would be able to forget about Leo and the stupid tape and enjoy myself.

"How about we actually go clubbing?" I suggested before I could change my mind.

Now, it was Lara's turn to give me the confused look, along with Lauren and Serena.

"What?" I exclaimed, a little offended.

"Look...lets settle this later, okay? right now lets just enjoy the sun," Lauren said casually. I sighed, getting up to go to the ocean. I sat down on the sand were the water just hit my feet as the tide came in. I sat there for a while, looking out as the sun started to set slightly.

I thought about everything that had happened these past few weeks, I wondered how things would have been different if I had stayed home for the summer. I mean, I would wake up late afternoon, eat and watch TV and that was about it, but I liked it like that. It was a lot less drama.

I felt someone sit beside me. I turned to my left to see Leo. I got up to start leaving, not really wanting to talk to him but he placed his hand into mine and pulled me down slightly. I sat down slowly.

"What do you want from me?" I sighed, with a hint of anger.

"Listen, Ali...I know I screwed up but-" He started, but I had, had enough. I suddenly was raging, everything that I had kept down for so long suddenly seemed to explode out of my body without warning.

"No, listen to me Leo...okay that party, urgh! I never should have gone to it, and then I don't know why but some stupid part of my brain told me to trust you, and I told you because I wanted you to know. I wanted you to know exactly what you had nearly made me tell the whole of that party. Okay, and for some idiotic reason I thought I could maybe just maybe trust you, with the biggest secret of my life." I said all in one breathe as tears fell down my face, I mentally scowled myself for showing a sign of weakness.