Chapter 40: The Best Day

Picture of Elizabeths hair/make-up to the side ---->

"Urgh, no this looks horrible," Elizabeth exclaimed. She decided that the silver ring she was wearing on her right hand was too much. She was trying to keep everything simple.

Elizabeth had this calm aura about her, like a swan - calm on the surface but really kicking underneath. Only, she was hiding it so well, I wasn't completely sure that she was nervous at all - but every bride gets nervous on their wedding day, right?

I took a long hot shower, we had woken up so early that it was refreshing, and woke me up. I grabbed a blue towel from the windowsill and wrapped it around myself - heading back to the room.

Elizabeth was in the same spot, sitting on a chair, staring at her reflection in the mirror. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess I'm finally getting a little nervous - I mean it's not like I have any doubt about spending the rest of my life with him, but it's a scary thought," She said, quietly.

"Yeah, I know, but you'll be fine! You wanna get your dress on?" I asked.

She got up and took the dress down from where it was hanging, on the white bedroom door. She got it on in a matter of minutes and stepped out, it looked gorgeous - she looked gorgeous.

The material hung to all the right part of her body, it was soft and flowy. Around the waist there was an assortment of diamonds to add to the chiffon dress. She twirled around for me, smiling. it was lace around the top.

"You look beautiful," I said, and I meant it.

"Thanks," She said while inspecting herself in the mirror, before applying a dark red lipstick. I made a face, the dress was beautiful, the make-up not so much.

"We're here," Lara and Lauren both screamed as they barged into the room nearly knocking me over. I quickly grabbed my towel to keep my dignity!

"Don't worry, it's just us girls," Lara said, winking at me. I glared at her.

Suddenly, I heard a shriek, "No, no no no no," Lauren kept repeating. "I told you that I would do your make-up," She stated.

I looked at Elizabeth's make-up, she hadn't done a bad job, exactly - but maybe a smoky eye wasn't the right look for a wedding.

"Well, sorry, but you were the one who was late," She pointed out.

"Well, I was getting all the make-up I would need," She shot back.

I was still holding on to my towel, so I grabbed the t-shirt I was wearing last night, which had a big heart on it and put it on. When I got back, Elizabeth and Lauren were still arguing.

"It's my wedding," Elizabeth shouted.

"Yes, and if you don't listen to me you're gonna go out looking like you have two black eyes, from the night before," She shot back. Elizabeth finally stopped trying to justify herself, and just sighed.

"Fine, this better look good, I'm trusting you," She stated.

"And you, why did you let her do this to herself?" Lauren said turning to me. I put my hands up in surrender. I wasn't getting in the middle of this, but I knew for sure that Lauren was going to do an amazing job.

"Do you think everything is okay, with the preparation and stuff?" Elizabeth asked.

"I'm sure everything great," I mentioned, trying my best to reassure her.

Elizabeth tried to turn around to face me, but Lauren pulled her face back, she wasn't even letting Elizabeth look in the mirror. She sighed, "why don't you ask Leo?" She said, passing me her phone.