"He became secretive and shut as all down. He would lock himself in that very study you pass by and he just slipped away from us. Until one day he left, vanished like a thin of air." She said, turning to me.

"Does that mean?" I thought out loud, connecting the dots.

Cam nodded,"Alec didn't choose to be a gang leader Ellie. He was forced to," She revealed, her honeyed eyes turning teary with emotion.

"Can't he just hand it to someone?" My brows were furrowed, a frown gracing on my lips.

"I tried to talk him out of it but he believes that it was the closest thing he could ever be with his dad and Bash," She explained, a pained tone on her voice.

I felt my eyes grow misty, feeling saddened. I was a crier and I tend to get emotional on the things that I could relate to.

That's why I tend to stay away from movie that involves dogs, sad deaths, and tragic endings because I easily cry.

I can't imagine the struggle Alec had to face in becoming someone he wasn't supposed to and do things because he had to. Change wasn't easy, it really never was and it breaks my heart that Alec keeps this burden in his heart.

"Being a King is not easy and my husband knew that. It's hard being a single mom especially to boys." She said, nodding to herself.

"You're doing a great job Cam, Alec's a proof of that and I'm sure Bash would come home one day, family isn't something you turn your back to easily." I told her, offering a small smile.

She pulled me in for a hug,"Thank you Ellie, I hope my son grows his palle soon and ask you to be his girlfriend. You're good for him," She mumbled, making my cheeks redden.

"Mom! Don't tell me you're crying again," Alec called out, making his way towards us.

We pulled apart, Camila making his way towards his son and pulling him in for a motherly hug.

It was quite a sight to see Alec bending down to his mother's small frame so that she could hug him. I smiled to myself, this is a side of Alec that I haven't seen before.

"What did you do to mama, biscotto?" Alec accused playfully, pulling away from his mom's hug.

I was about to retort when my phone rang, I felt concern lacing in me upon seeing my mom's name and quickly swiped to answer.

"Honey? Where are you?" My mom's feminine voice rang through the speaker.

"I'm at Alec's house right now mom. Why? Do you need anything? How's Theo?" I asked, feeling a frown grace my features.

A shuffle can be heard,"Theodore's doing good honey. His fever is gone and we'll probably be released tomorrow, Can I talk to Alec for a second?" She asked, her voice seeming tired.

"Yes, he's here. Wait," I told her, pressing mute and turning to them.

"Alec, mom wants to talk to you," I said, nodding my head towards my phone.

"What for?" He asked, making his way towards me and taking the phone away from my grasp.

He greeted my mom before nodding to himself and moving away from us—completely out of our earshot.