Cheating On One Another

Start from the beginning

Then my phone went off. It was Harry. I quickly answered it and held the device close to my ear.

"Josie? Baby. I can explain. Please. Let me explain. Don't say anything. Just let me tell you what happened." I was quiet, and he took that as an invitation to talk. "Okay, the man I'm working with down here took me out last night, said I needed to loosen up. I caved and was convinced to go. Liza came with me. When I started getting a bit drunk, I told Liza to video tape me. I watched the video hours later, the next day, and was completely disgusted with myself."

"Why did you get so drunk?" He was quiet.

"I'll be honest. ... I missed it. Before I met you, Josie, I was hammered every night. But when we got married and we were becoming an actual couple I ... I stopped. Call me weak ... But, I can't promise you that it won't happen again."

"You getting drunk like hell or you making-out with another woman?"

"Josie! No! Getting drunk. If I ever get drunk again I'll only get drunk around you. I. Love. You. Only you! No one else."

"How do you know that I saw the pictures?"

"Liza said you called and asked about pictures. She looked them up and showed me. I'm sorry."

I didn't know what to say. This was Harry's and my second fight into our relationship. This one was way worse.

"I don't know what to say, Harry."

"You don't have to say anything. Just ... let me make it up to you once we see each other again. Okay?"

" ... Okay."

"I love you, Josie. And I can't wait to hear all about what you and your dad did in New York."

"Bye."

"Wait, Josie, please, know that I love you. I didn't mean for whatever happened here in Singapore to happen."

"I understand. We'll talk more when we both get back to Washington." Then I hung up on him.

There was something in his voice. He was keeping something from me. I just knew it. Something inside told me that he had gone much farther with the Asian woman. How far I didn't even want to think about.

Suddenly I got a text from Danielle. I sighed heavily as I pulled it up. It was a video. I snuggled into the couch and pulled a pillow over my baby bump, then I clicked on the video.

My face illuminated from the blue light of my phone in the darkness.

I watched as a brunette was making love to a man below her. Her brown hair was thick and wavy. She sat up and then the man did on his elbows. He had a concerned look on his familiar face. Harry's face. Then he smiled and my heart shattered.

I covered my mouth to stifle any gasping breaths my surprised body needed to take in. My Harry . My Harry in bed with another woman.

Why didn't he tell me that he slept with another woman? I'm supposed to be his one and only. Did Liza not know about this? Does he not remember? He must not remember if he didn't confess it to me earlier on the phone. Right?

Harry and the random woman, who looked to be the Asian from earlier, laid back down on top of my husband and made sick crying and grunting and moaning noises in the dead silent apartment of my dad.

Tears ran down my cheeks as my husband's love affair played before me. I didn't know what to think. Harry was drunk. Really drunk. I was okay if he gave a kiss or two to some random chick but this ... this just wasn't acceptable.