✧☾✧

"Hey."

A body collided with the locker right next to hers, and she jumped.

"Scott," she giggled. "What's up?"

"How come I'm just finding out Stiles slept over at your house the day we got locked in the high school?" he asked.

She closed her locker, looking at him with a quirked up her eyebrow.. What was it with all of her friends accusing her of liking a different friend that morning? "Why is this what you're concerned about? Shouldn't we be worried about formal and about where Wolfie McHottie is?"

She held her textbook closer to herself, staring at Scott and waiting for a response.

"C'mon, we can't just put all of our lives on hold for me," he replied. "I still wanna know what's up with you guys, aside from me."

"Aside from you?" she asked, and he nodded. She pretended to think and then, "Yeah, aside from you and your wolfiness, my life is pretty mundane. Good talk, Scottie."

She turned on her heels and started walking, and Scott called out, "You're spending too mine time with Lydia!"

She giggled, peering over her shoulder and flipping him off before she made her way to her next class, which was French.

✧☾✧

"Alright, children, we have a new seating chart!" Mrs

"Alright, children, we have a new seating chart!" Mrs. Deveraux, the French II teacher stated as the students walked in. "Stand around the room and wait for me to call your name."

Haven stood off to the side, her eyes falling to a tall, blue eyed boy towering over people in the corner, his eyes down. He didn't really talk much. He used to sit behind her, so she'd talk to him during group discussions. He was on the lacrosse team with the boys, which was how Scott knew who he was, but people seemed to steer clear of him.

It wasn't easy to make friends when you worked at a cemetery, apparently.

"Lahey..." Mrs. Deveraux said, looking down at her paper and standing in front of a table, which she had situated to seat two to each, placing her hand on it. "And... Salazar."

Haven's eyes widened, but she didn't look at Isaac as they made their way to their seats. They were both silent, waiting for their teacher to finish seating everyone else. 

"Okay," Mrs. Deveraux said, clapping her hands together. "Introduce yourselves, in French, to your new partners. I also want you guys to go use this week's vocabulary to describe your partner back to them."

She went to sit down and murmurs of French words with bad accents sounded through the room, and Haven turned to Isaac. She put her hand out, smiling. "Bonjour, je m'appelle Haven. Comment tu t'appelles?"

"Bonjour, Haven, Je m'appelle Isaac. Comment allez-vous?"

"Mieux maintenant que j'ai rencontre un beau mec," she said, smirking as she watched bewilderment cloud Isaac's face, and he opened the textbook in front of him, flipping through the pages. She felt somewhat bold, maybe sparked by Lydia, or maybe to prove a point to Scott that she didn't like Stiles, or perhaps to prove to Stiles she didn't like Scott.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"Better now that I met a handsome guy," she replied.

Isaac looked taken aback as his cheeks turned a rosy color and he closed his textbook, his lips pressed to a line as he tried to conceal a smile that was forming.

"Are you flirting with me, Salazar?" he questioned, and it was her turn to seem taken aback by the shy boy's new demeanor.

"And if I was?"

They both just smiled at each other before their teacher got up again, gaining the classes attention. Haven got comfortable in her seat, a proud smile on her face as she felt Isaac looking at her.

✧☾✧

MALIYAH THOUGHTS

debating doing a 'the maze runner' trilogy
thomas fanfic. we are a whore for dylan 
o'brien

also, i brought scarfboy isaac into this earlier
than he would've been. when i said this

was a slow burn, I meant it