Chapter 17

*TW: Mentions of blood.*
————————-

Raihan looked up from his phone, alert at the sound of scratching at his front door. He cautiously made his way to the door, where he found a familiar Boltund and Manectric, black collars on both.

He immediately grew concerned, and Boltund whined. "Is Uila in trouble?" A bark from Boltund confirmed his suspicions. He rushed to grab the First Aid kit and shove it in a bag, making his way outside and releasing Flygon.

    He looked at the two dog-like pokemon. "Lead the way." They barked in response, electricity crackling along their back legs. "Follow them Flygon." Flygon gave a soft cry, taking to the sky with ease, keen eyes following the streaks of light and electricity.

Raihan scanned the surrounding area, watching a blur shoot into the sky. He followed the line to where it took off, finding a small blob. "To the group Flygon, as quickly as possible." Flygon gave a cry before speeding up.

    Raihan tightened his bandana, the rushing of the wind bellowing loudly as they descended. Flygon landed with a loud thud, and Raihan slid off of his back. "Are you alright?" She shrugged, and Raihan could see splotches of red on the sides of her shirt, and Lucario motioning to her shirt.

"We are fine now, why don't you join us for lunch?" He nods, taking what Lucario motioned to heart. "Alright, but let's get that injury looked at." She sighs. "How did you know?" Raihan raised an eyebrow. "One, your shirt is partially red, two, you have pain written on your face, three, Lucario is motioning for me to look at it."

    She sighed. "Alright, it's not super deep, probably won't require stitches or anything, but it still hurts like a bitch." She turned to Lucario. "I trust that you can get lunch started?" A nod was all she needed, and pulled off her torn shirt, and Raihan held back a wince at the large slash down her back.

He grabbed the first aid kit, pulling out bottles of disinfectant and gauze, medical tape at the ready. Raihan gently cleaned the blood off of her back before wiping down the wound, resulting in a low hiss from Uila.

"Sorry Princess, but it had to be done." She grumbled, feeling him place what she assumed to be Gauze down her back. "That should hold it for now, but we should get it checked out in Hammerlocke or Motostoke." She smiled, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Thank you my Prince." He gives a grin. "Anytime princess, now, let's check on the kids and make sure they aren't burning anything." She nods, carefully pulling on a loose shirt. The pair make their way down the small hill, finding Kiawe and Hop engaged in a pokemon battle, Victor proctoring.

Hau was talking energetically to Ash, and the girls were talking to one another quietly, Lillie's vulpix sitting on her lap and looking around curiously.  Uila made her way over to the Stove, thanking Lucario for helping before taking over his place.

Raihan's pokemon wriggled inside their pokeballs and Uila let out a soft laugh. "You should let them out."  He sighed. "Alright, let's just hope that they don't stir up a sandstorm." He grabbed his team's pokeballs, releasing them, Duraludon giving a metallic grumble, happy to have been released.

Goodra chirped happily, making his way over to Flygon. Turtonator just grumbled and layed on the ground next to Torkoal, who settled down as well. Eventually, Kiawe lost to Hop, who jumped up excitedly, and Victor was quick to heal up his pokemon.

Uila called out for lunch, and both the kids and their pokemon rushed over excitedly. Uila let her team out, giving them a plate of curry each. Uila's team made their way over to Raihan's, Dragapult curling herself around Flygon, the dreepy on her head cooing happily.

    The group ate in relative silence, focusing on the food. The only sounds were the soft chatter of the pokemon as they ate, and the wind as it blew across the open area. Uila stood up to clean, and Lucario was quick to snatch the plates. He walked over to Greninja, who used a soft Water Pulse to clean them off.

    Raihan laughed as her pokemon stopped her from packing up. "I think they want you to rest." She huffed. "I'm not broken!" Raihan wrapped an arm around her. "I'm sure they know, but they are worried about you. Look, even Duraludon and Flygon are helping out." She sighs. "Yeah, but I can't let them do everything." He sighs. "Fine then, they won't have to do anything." Uila gives him a confused look as he stands up. "You stay here, I'll help them out."

    She huffs, and moves to stand but is unable to as Dragapult's two Dreepy settle into her lap. Uila shoots a look at her pokemon, who gives a soft chortle, but makes no move to help. Uila gives a soft sigh, stroking her pokemon down their head, smiling softly at the happy croons she receives.

    After a short while, Raihan walks over, bag in hand. "All packed up, let's get you to Motostoke, then you can continue your camping trip. I know how much you need this to escape the stress and bond with your brother more."

She smiles. "Thank you dear." He presses a kiss to her nose. "No problem, now, let's get on the road. The sooner you get fixed up, the sooner you can show them your favorite spots."

    Uila climbs onto the back of Garchomp, helping the others get onto a flying pokemon. Two words from Raihan turn a somewhat relaxing day into one of excitement. "Race you!" He shouted as Flygon took to the sky. Uila laughed. "You are on!" Garchomp was quick to follow.

    As the wind whipped past her, and her back ignited in pain, she threw her head back and let out a laugh. The wind tousled her hair messily, and the shouts of the kids behind her increased her amusement. While the day may have had a downside, it was turning out to be a lot more fun than she had thought.