Chapter Forty Six

Teddy rammed the toy dragon into the side of the flutterby bush, knees covered in dirt. Molly had told him not to go in her garden but he did anyways.

Teddy was five years old now, but he still carried the stitched up, dirty, smelly, stuffed Hungarian Horntail wherever he went. Ginny had given up on trying to keep it clean.

He mindlessly rammed the dragon's head against the porch now, bored. He listened to the adults laughter drift to the doorway. As soon as he got a slice of cake, (the R in happy birthday Ron!) he ran outside.

Suddenly, he heard a scuffling in the bushes. He turned, growling lowly and positioning his dragon for battle.

A little girl, with long, bleach blonde hair that was down to her waist appeared, tiny, perfect pink shoes matching her perfect pink dress. Teddy wrinkled his nose.

"Oh. It's you." Victorie was always following him around and asking him to play.

"Hi." Victorie sat on the step as Teddy made the dragon viscously snap at her heels. She didn't blink.

"Guess what." She tried again, tilting her head slightly.

"I don't care," Teddy responded, blocking her out, scraping the mud with the scruffy dragon leg.

Victorie rambled on. "I'm getting a little sister soon. Only Mommy and Daddy told me not to tell anyone yet."

Teddy rolled his eyes.

"You just did stupid."

"Stupid is a mean word." Victorie shot back, still dignified.

"Isn't. Ginny says it to Harry all the time."

"Is."

"Not."

Victorie shrugged and watched him burry the Horntail's face in the damp soil.

"Teddy?" She finally asked, her big blue eyes curiously wide.

"What?" He answered irritably, stuffing the dragon's neck into a small hole he had made. His hands were caked in dirt.

"Why don't you ever want to play with me?"

Teddy thought for a moment. He could hear Ginny's loud laughter echoing through the door. Finally, he answered.

"Because girls are icky."

"Not!" Shouted Victorie, getting to her feet.

"Are too!" Teddy giggled maniacally, standing as well. "Harry says so to me, that girls have cooties, every day when we wash the dishes together! Even though he still kissed Ginny."

"Ha." Victories said, stumbling on her legs and sitting back down. "See, your Dad doesn't have cooties!"

"He probably does. And he's not my dad."

Victorie ignored this.

"Girls are not icky. Haven't you ever kissed a girl?"

Teddy stuck out his tongue.

"No."

Victorie grinned winningly.

"Have too!"

"No."

"Not even your mom?"

"I don't have a mom, stupid." Teddy finally collapsed back into the dirt, and began pawing sadly into the mud again.

Victorie looked puzzled for a moment, but didn't know what to say. Teddy was fixated on his dirt hole.

"I can prove girls don't have cooties." Victorie announced after a moments hard thinking.

"Oh yeah?" Teddy answered, not looking at her.

"Yeah."

Before Teddy even got to reply, he felt a wet peck on his lips. Victorie ran away, giggling madly, blonde hair streaming behind her, as Teddy screamed and went inside to wash his mouth out.
_______________

Sorry for a slow update and a super short one :( I've been sosososo busy, but after break starts, I'll be able to update more often!

You guys are the best !

❤️