Chapter ١

Chapter One:

~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|~•|

Silence.

Utter silence covered the dark shadowed streets as I looked around and frowned.The street lights flickered and dimed, shining only a minimum amount of light on the abandoned sidewalks. A cold and dark fog erupted under the cover of darkness that spread across the road. Clouds circled the area as a few droplets of rain slipped down my forehead. The town looked like a ghost town as a calming silence filled the streets. Not a person was walking, and no cars came by at all. The silence became too much as a sense of fear rippled through me.

Where is everybody?

The wind blew heavily, blowing away the dust and leaves on the floor. The angelic sound from the small breeze surrounded the streets. I took careful steps but shivered every now and then when the wind would escape into the depths of my jacket and sweater.

The breeze became too much as I clenched my jacket tighter to my body and rubbed my hands together in attempt to warm my self up. A faint noise erupted from behind me, making me jump and turn around.

No one was here but me. Right?

I stopped walking and frowned as a white figure walked into the dark alley near an abandoned shop near me. Their light beamed through the streets like a lamp and let out a glowing shimmer along the road.

I squinted and held my hand over my eyes as the light beamed into my face. I frowned and took a step towards it while closing my eyes, afraid I'd go blind if I starred at it any longer then necessary.

I took careful steps near the alley and stopped when the figure turned around and stared at me.

The lights dimmed down to normal as the persons face became visible. Their face glowed, their white teeth shining as they smiled at me. Their eye pierced through mines as I looked at them trying to remembered where I seen this individual from.

They were dressed in a white khamis (formal wear for muslim men) that shined along with every other aspect on their body. It's hard to focus when all I seen was light. I glanced back at their eyes when it clicked.

There was only one man that I knew with a smile so wide. Teeth so perfectly straight and hair perfectly groomed. Of average height but still looked tall. His eyes held secrets as he smiled down at me. There was only one person I knew that matched this description.

Dad.

I took a cautious step towards him and frowned when he took a step back. I swallowed and tried to calm my beating heart as I took another step towards him.

Dad died. How is he here?

He took three steps back and waved at me and started to walk away. I fastened my pace and ran after him.

"Dad. Dad wait! Dad!" I ran as my heart pounded in my chest from excitement and happiness. Dad. That was really may dad.

He continued running while I chased after him when I heard my name being called behind me. I ignored it and ran faster and faster, the wind blowing in my face and jacket.

I'm not about to let him leave me again.

I chased and ignored my name as it became louder and louder. I kept running and running but realized that Dad wasn't in front of me anymore.

I lost him.

Again.

I stopped and rested my hands on my knees as I tried to catch my breath.

"Imran! Imran!" I stopped walking and searched the streets for him. Was he the one calling my name?

"Dad! Dad!" I turned around several times but I was the only one here. Where was my name being called from?