Chapter 3

It was 7:00 a.m. On Elphaba and Kaitlin's first day of Shiz. Kaitlin got up and made her bed then she got into her school uniform and waited ten minutes for Elphaba wake up.

"So did you sleep well?" they both asked at the same time.

"Yeah I slept well" said Elphaba with a smile.

"I slept okay but not great," said Kaitlin

"Oh, why didn't you sleep well?" Elphaba asked.

"Oh I just miss my home so much," Kaitlin said with a tear rolling down her face. Elphaba came and grabbed a towel to wipe Kaitlin's tears as Kaitlin started to cry. Elphaba hugged Kaitlin and comforted her with a hug and told her that everything was going to be all right. They heard a knock on the door and Elphaba went to go get the door and she opened it up to Galinda.

"What do you want?" Elphaba asked

"I wanted to talk to Kaitlin about something," said Galinda so Elphaba let Galinda come in and Galinda saw Kaitlin wiping her tears away.

"What's wrong Kaitlin?" asked Galinda

"Oh I just miss my home; I feel a little homesick," said Kaitlin.

"Oh I was just wondering if you wanted to come to the party tonight with Elphaba?" asked Galinda

Kaitlin looked over at Elphaba for a minute, Elphaba nodded her head, then Kaitlin looked back at Galinda and told her that they would love to go.

Ok see you there," said Galinda then she got up and left.

..................................................

Later that day at lunch Kaitlin ran into Fiyero and he asked her where Elphaba was.

"Hey, where did that green girl go?" Fiyero asked

"Oh she is in our room so I better get going," said Kaitlin. But before Kaitlin could leave Fiyero grabbed her arm

"What is it Fiyero?" Kaitlin asked

"I think you are really pretty!" he said smiling which made Kaitlin blush.

"I better get going," said Kaitlin.

"Oh okay see you around," said Fiyero, walking the opposite direction. When Kaitlin got to her room she immediately ran over and jumped onto the bed as hard as she could. She had the best first day ever. When Elphaba saw Kaitlin smiling she knew something wasn't right Elphaba walked over and sat down next to her roommate.

"What are you smiling about?" Elphaba asked and Kaitlin responded with "I think Fiyero likes me!"