Can You Please Leave?

Start from the beginning

Archer's POV:

I, Mom, and Dad look at the scene unfold in absolute surprise, "I'm so so sorry Austin, Amalie... She's never like this... I don't know what got into her."

Mom only smiles, "It's alright, Saira, none of us blame you. You have nothing to be sorry about. And don't anything to Evelyn dear the fear in her eyes was plain as day. You can't expect her to openly welcome us."

"Still she crossed the limits," Saira says back.

This time Dad shakes his head, "Not in the least. Saira, try standing in her shoes. It's not easy for a child to relive her past. Which is why we are here. To talk about things."

"It's complicated, Austin... I don't know much about it... I only know bits of it." Saira explains.

"Well, we'll listen to what we can," Mom says and holds her hands in hers and they sit on one couch while I and Dad on the couch facing them.

"Evelyn knows everything, I don't even know who murdered Ash... I tried to ask Evelyn many times but she wouldn't answer. All I know is that Ash's parents were always greedy and since they had unthinkable things he completely took the business of their hands and left everything related to the underworld behind. For the first few years, they cooperated but then things turned for the worse. The day he was murdered, they took everything that belonged to me and Evelyn and kicked us out of the house. I wasn't even allowed to see the final burial of my husband. Somehow, Evelyn got some people involved. How? I don't know and after 2 years she found out where her father was buried. She bought the entire neighboring area."

Mom squeezed her hands in reassurance, and Saira continued, "With little to no money and nothing at our disposal we had nothing. My condition worsened. Finally, Evelyn talked to a maid of the nearest mansion and she helped in getting us a small flat. But we had no money to pay the rent so Evelyn used her only precious gift the diamond pendant which fortunately the Colton's didn't take from her as bargain chip if she couldn't pay in 3 months the money we owed she can sell it. The Landlady took pity on her and let her work in her café and as luck would strike people started to love my daughter's cooking even though she was only 10. From there she caught the eye of a powerful business tycoon Bernard Alonso's eye. He agreed to help her if she would return the debt.

Evelyn desperately needed the money so agreed. It wasn't easy winning his favor. But she did. There were times people betrayed her just because she was better than her superiors. But it didn't dim her fire. Mr. Alonso was won over when in an important event he had hired her in his team of caterers and they backed out on the last moment on purpose. Mr. Alonso was at his wit's end. Evelyn proposed that if he took care of all my medical expenditure she would guarantee it would be a successful event. Mr. Alonso having no choice agreed. And the event went far better than he had imagined. That moment she won him over completely. He wanted to reward her more but she resolutely declined as it wasn't the deal. But since he forced her to accept, she asked for 2 years so that she could be there for her baby brother. He automatically agreed but still wanted her to get the best culinary degree from France. She agreed. And when I was finally able to take care of my son, she left for France and only visited every 6 months. In that time she made friends with Mr. Alonso's daughter Lyra Alonso. And the son of the French designer, Paolo Stan, Mark Stan. All three of them share a special bond with one another and formed the plan of Dream Palace. Mr. Alonso was interested in investing but all three declined by saying they'd much rather use their own savings. Those two are the only ones who Evelyn's past. No one else except for Mr. Alonso." Saira finished.

We all fell silent no wonder she won't trust anyone if she isn't willing to tell her mother why would she tell us? Mom sniffles and hugs Saira with Dad and I observing, "I'm soo sorry for not being there when you needed us the most, Saira."

She shakes her head, "You never knew, Amalie. It's alright. If anything I blame myself for not being there for my daughter when she needed me the most."

"No matter, Saira you're here and now that's what Evelyn needs the most. It most likely won't be easy for her to trust us but with the passage of time she will." Dad says hopeful.

"I doubt it." We all look at the entrance and two teenagers at the age of 18 max stand with their luggage.

Were they expecting visitors? Saira abruptly stands up, "Mark! Lyra! What are you two doing here?"

"We came to surprise Ron before his birthday and literally surprise Evie but looks like we're the ones surprised. No doubt Evie left the house, didn't she?" The boy who's name is Mark says.

Saira nods, the girl Lyra sighs, "Don't worry Aunt. She'll be back. But I suggest you don't tell her that you told them everything... She's very reasonable except when it comes to her father. There are no exceptions."

"But why exactly? Why couldn't she even tell her own mother?" I finally voice out the question that's been bugging me.

"For exactly this reason. Aunt Saira I don't mean to be rude, but Evelyn doesn't need more stress than she already has. Uncle Bernard's also worried about her health. Before coming back home, she collapsed really badly. The doctors were shocked by her results. Yet she refused to rest. If this continues she'll have heart problems." Mark answers me but facing Saira.