part 55

Jungkook had purposefully arrived later than everyone else to the concert venue. He was so nervous, he wasn't sure he could handle seeing Y/n so soon at rehearsals and risk saying something stupid. He told his hyungs it was all apart of his master plan, and hoped they wouldn't catch on that it was just because he was anxious about how today would go.

He had managed to kill enough time during rehearsals that it was nearing time for the beginning of the concert and he hadn't run across her even once. He wasn't sure what made him more nervous at this point. The possibility of running into her or the fact that he hadn't seen her all morning despite being in the same place as her.

Because he had avoided her at rehearsals, he also didn't get to talk to any of his hyungs until they were all in the fitting rooms getting dressed and having their makeup done before the concert. 

"How are you feeling, JK?" Hoseok called out to him as he was tucking his shirt into his pants.

As the hairstylist fussed over the individual hairs on his head, it seemed, he began to rack his brain for a more calm and collected answer than he was actually feeling.

"Ah, he hesitated- he's nervous," Yoongi chimed in.

"It's okay, being on stage should distract you, Jungkook," RM said before Jungkook could even try to defend himself against Yoongi's statement. 

And it was true. As soon as they were ready to perform and shot up on the stage, all of Jungkook's worries seemed to melt away. Being on stage, in front of those who loved them most, was what it meant to feel alive in that moment. He hadn't forgotten that the special concert was also for ARMY, and quickly immersed himself in the experience and gave them the show they had been expecting.

Soon it would be time for Y/n to perform with Jimin and Taehyung, and that's when the real surprise would begin. Song after song went by, and performance after performance did as well. Jungkook was mentally checking songs off of the set list in his head.

Everything was going according to plan, and Jungkook was going to have a split second of time to breathe and relax during their "Friends" and "Make It Right" performances before he would come out and perform "Euphoria" on stage.

Jungkook plopped down in the seating area after their last group performance and watched as the next performance was about to begin. He watched her dressed cutely as she danced around on stage with Jimin and Tae. He could watch her grow increasingly more comfortable and confident as the song carried on and as she got carried away in the music and the audience. 

She has such a pretty voice.

Namjoon, Hoseok, Jin, and Yoongi were in the room getting dressed for their next performance as they awaited Taehyung and Jimin to finish their track and join them. As the song ended, Jungkook could see the split second bewildered look on Y/n's face as she was probably being called down by Jimin and Tae for her outfit change. 

His hyungs were all dressed in white as they rushed on stage and began performing "Make It Right", and if she agreed without protest, Y/n would have been rushed down to the dressing room for the outfit change that Jungkook had planned for the performance before being rushed out on stage again.

In that time, the crew would also be setting up the seating area on stage that they had planned and put together so that when Y/n was back on stage she would have a place to watch the GCF video that Jungkook had put together for her.

He watched patiently on the televisions that streamed the audience's view in the seating area. He could see that the GCF video had already started playing and Jimin and Taehyung were guiding her down the runway of the stage looking like princes in white and he couldn't help but feel his heart skip a beat as he watched them half run down the center stage to reach the seating area. 

Her dress flounced with the running motions and seemed to envelope her with its fabric.

Jungkook anxiously watched her reaction as he was getting pulled in different directions by stylists and hairdressers and his makeup artist in preparation for his performance next

Jungkook anxiously watched her reaction as he was getting pulled in different directions by stylists and hairdressers and his makeup artist in preparation for his performance next. He couldn't tell what she was thinking as she sat with the rest of his hyungs and watched the short video, but he knew that he would find out soon enough.

As the finishing touches on his hair were being coiffed and his face being blotted frantically by the makeup artist, it was almost time for him to be hoisted up for his performance. 

He didn't know why he was so nervous. He had done this performance so many times. Specifically where he was rigged up and came flying into the venue. So why was his stomach doing back flips all of a sudden? 

He had done all his own stunts for music videos, he had done world tours, he had been on national television, he had bungee jumped, so he just didn't understand why he was nervous.

Jeon Jungkook doesn't get nervous.

He couldn't brush the idea out of his mind that there was an inkling of a possibility that this wouldn't really work and that his grand gesture would just embarrass her.

Well, it's definitely too late now, you idiot.

He shook off the last of his insecurities as a crew member guided him onto a utility vehicle so they could make it to the other side of the venue fast enough to rig him up to the pole and stand that would allow him to fly into the concert.

As they drove around he could hear the song and performance itself nearing its end, only for it to be drowned out by the sound of his own heart pounding. 

Once they got to the spot where he would take off, he looked out into the ocean of ARMY bombs and saw that they were all glowing the soft shades of pink he had selected for the occasion. A wave of relief washed over him and suddenly he felt like he was doing the absolute right thing.

This was the only possible way I could let her know how I feel. Most accurately.