part 46

Yoongi went back to his room after talking to Jungkook and Namjoon. His laptop screen was glowing on his bed and he plopped down right next to it.

His heart stopped when he saw an email from Manager Meji.

He hadn't just imagined things. That meant that he had gotten the email way earlier in the day.

-

Yoongi,

Luckily for you, your first choice has accepted the job! Not sure why you thought she would turn down a chance to be featured as a vocalist on a BTS track, haha, but she would be glad to.

We'd like to coordinate with you to set up a studio time. I've attached my phone number and her phone number to the bottom of this email. Please feel free to send us a text so that we have your number so we can coordinate more easily than via email.

She and I look forward to meeting with you, hopefully soon, and to be working with you for this track.

Manager Meji

-

I think I'm going to throw up. I just asked Y/n on a date.. literally tomorrow.

-

Manager Meji,

Thank you for getting back to me. 

It's actually a very rare occurrence but I will be having free time for the next few days to possibly a week or so. If we could somehow arrange it during this time, that'd be great. I'll be sure to send a text that says the same thing so that you know that it's me.

I look forward to meeting you both as well.

Min Yoongi

-

Did she tell him that she's never met me?

That hurt, but what hurt more was how suddenly Yoongi was entangled in his ex again. He rubbed his temples as he thought about what he was going to do. He had already cornered Y/n and asked her on a date, so he was going to follow through, but the possibility of seeing his ex again since they broke up... since the award show where they saw each other last 5 years ago, it was too overwhelming. 

He didn't realize exactly how much he had missed her all this time.

Now all Yoongi could do was bide his time and wait for his date with Y/n tomorrow. He decided to text her and ask her if just a coffee date in the morning would be fine. Something low pressure, so she wouldn't feel like he did anything too grand. He didn't want to make her feel awkward. If nothing came of it- which now, Yoongi hoped it wouldn't- they would be continuing to work together for the next few months and he didn't want things to be weird.

He had also already texted Manager Meji. He merely saved his ex's number. Yoongi didn't yet have the balls to text her anything. He didn't feel it was fair to just swing into her life like that just because he got permission to work with her. It wouldn't be fair to her to just act like everything was normal, until he got to know how she actually felt about him.

The rest of the day went by quickly, as everybody was just relaxing in their rooms, doing their own thing.

Yoongi was tweaking the song that he had intended to work on with his ex. He wanted to make sure it was perfect before she heard the actual track. He had only sent Source and Manager Meji the sample of the female vocals that he wanted, and he hadn't let them hear the whole song.

By the time he finished, it was well late into the evening and he soon went to bed, anticipating the next morning with Y/n.

-