"I have an extra room," Renee offered, it was true, the apartment was big and empty. 

"Are you sure? I don't want to invade your privacy,"

"Privacy? I don't need it, I don't know that many people,"

"Thank you,"

"Dr Bailey, when do you have a day off?" Renee asked the resident.

"In a couple of days, why?"

"I was thinking I would invite people for dinner, you know, I have been here for three months now and don't know that many people, it would be good or is it too much?"

"It's a great idea, Renee,"

"She told you

"She told you. I've known you my whole life, I grew up with you so I know what you're thinking. That's a year of your life wasted trying to make it work with Addison when you could've been with Meredith. That you could've been happy right now. That this... everything... that you and Meredith could've had a real chance. Still... I thought you should know the truth. I thought I owed you that. As a friend."

"You're not my friend. And if you still have a little decency left you would tell Ren the truth,"

"I can't. She just doesn't like me too much right now but I know she loves me somewhere. I can't live her hating me, Derek. I wasted so much time trying to work it with Addison, trying to make something out of a fling. Something over which I hadn't thrown the best relationship I had, the person I loved, I love, and my best friend,"

"Stay away from her Mark, I am warning you, you hurt Ren again, I'll make sure you get the hell away from her,"

"Dr Burke, you doing well?" 

"Dr Foster, much better, thank you,"

"I was thinking about having a house warming party, I would love to have you and Christina over,"

"Sure, I will check my and her schedule," Burke said as he walked away.

"So, a party huh?" Mark said as he sneaked behind her.

"You are not invited,"

"Oh, come on, it's not a party without me,"

"You are so cocky," Renee said as she shook her head.

"I miss you," She looked up to see him looking at her with a soft look on his face.

"Fine, you can come to the party,"

The party was in full swing, Meredith, Christina along with George, Izzie and Alex were drinking by the corner sitting in their little group, Burke was sitting with Derek talking amongst themselves, Richard didn't make it, Addison who also was invited was sitting with Callie and Miranda. The host of the part was sitting in the corner her hand clutching the phone tightly as she waited for her boyfriend to call her back, the morning of the party she had read an article where it stated that there had been terrorist attacks in Syria. She had been trying to call him for a few hours now but there was no response, her mind immediately went to worst of the situation, she was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice that someone was sitting right next to her.

"You seem a little tense," George said as he sat down beside her, the intern wasn't sure of why he was talking to her.

"Were you observing me, O'Malley?"

"Oh-uh-yes but I.." He stammered.

"Relax, George, it's a party, at least someone should enjoy it,"

"People are enjoying it," Renee laughed at that, half of the people sitting there were waiting for their pagers to go off so they could get the hell out of there.

"Look at them, George, they look ready to get out of here, they only came because I am one of their bosses,"

"Would you like to dance, Dr Foster?" George asked.

"I don't dance, O'Malley," George kept his hand extended.

"Just one,"

Renee excepted his hand as he led them on, she had to admit he was good at lifting people's mood, he had that calming energy around him.

"My mom says that I have calming energy,"

"She's not wrong, thank you, George," George smiled.

"You're welcome,"

"Dr Sloan," 

Dr Burke called as he looked over to the man standing by the door,  dressed in his usual leather jacket, he looked embarrassed to be standing there. He looked over to see Renee dancing with one of the interns, O'Malley, with a small smile on her face.

"Dr Burke, how are you?"

"Better," He said as Mark sat next to Derek who just glared at him.

"I didn't know Ren invited you, it's bad Addison's here as well,"

"I am the life of the party,"

"You are arrogant-"

"Gentlemen, please, try to be civil," Addison said as she glared at them.

"Could somebody turn off the music?" Callie shouted over the music. Alex who was beside the music player quickly turned it off.

"Ren, there's a call for you," Callie turned to Ren with a solemn expression on her face.

Renee took the phone and walked to the balcony, Derek had a feeling it was something bad but before he could say or do something Mark was on his feet and walking towards the balcony standing behind her as she talked on the phone. He watched as the phone fell from her hands and her knees gave up, instead of hitting the ground Mark slowly lowered her to the ground. Tears were streaming down her face as she held on tightly to Mark's jacket, her shoulders shaking violently.

"She's hyperventilating," Mark called over to everyone, Derek and Callie immediately were on their feet running towards her. Bailey went to the kitchen and poured a glass of water while Addison, Burke and the interns stood at a little distance.

"Ren, look at me, look at me," Derek said as he tried placing his hands on her shoulders to hold her in place but she shook them off.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Derek," Mark commented as he continued to hold Renee.

"I don't need you to tell me what's-"

"Okay, you two need to stop," Meredith said as Callie went and sat beside Renee before taking her hands in hers.

"Deep breath, deep breaths, that's it," Derek whispered.

"He....he died, he...got...killed...he.." 

"Deep breaths, Ren," Mark said as he pressed a kiss to her head.

"He died," 

AN: Okay, I would love to hear what you guys think!! Make sure to leave a comment and vote! ☻