❀ 24

So I began planning.

I thought about what I could do for the both of us. I thought about what I could prepare and what I would do, which led me to a Saturday morning, awaking with the sound of my alarm beeping in my ears. It was incredibly early and I could tell by the way the sky was still dim.

I quickly cleaned myself up, brushing my teeth and quickly twisting my hair into a bun, but decided to stay in my pyjamas in case I made a mess. I waltzed into the kitchen, hearing footfalls of a certain small little dog, following me in.

I smiled at her as I began to place the simple ingredients, on the table, peanutbutter, grape jelly jam, some breads and a butter knife. I spent half an hour of the morning making four peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches, knowing entirely that Cameron was not allergic to any of the ingredients I was using.

I encased the sandwiches inside a tupperware and filled another with some of Brown's favourite dog treats that I hoped Snow would like and much as Brown did. I placed them aside and juiced some oranges, pouring the product into a large insulated bottle and dropping some ice inside.

I grabbed a few plastic reusable cups and placed them by the containers and then making a split second decision to grab some plastic reusable plates as well. I picked up some tissues and a few more other things required to make a picnic nice and whole.

Then, I made a quick dash upstairs, looking at the clock to see that it was a reasonable time to alert Cameron about a completely and utterly ordinary meeting we were going to have at the park. I made sure to leave the details of the picnic and my feelings out, telling him to meet me at the park at ten.

I wasn't sure if he was awake yet or he was even free, but I really hoped he was but at the same time, I knew I would be relieved if he wasn't. My thoughts were thrown out the window when he typed in a message saying that he was okay to join.

okay, i'll see you there!

I sent it to him before making a quick beeline to my bathroom and taking a quick shower. I wasn't sure how I should dress on this special but not too dressy occasion. I decided in the end that I would don myself in my normal attire so that I would be comfortable even when I was confessing my feelings.

Speaking of which, my heart was beginning to pound and my nerves were starting to flare up. As I let my hair down from the bun, brushing it with my hairbrush, I could feel my heart pounding with the idea of facing Cameron later.

I discarded my comb onto my vanity table and resisted the urge to just lie back into my bed and text Cameron that I couldn't go anymore. It wasn't too late to do it because there was still more than an hour left before it was going to be ten.

However, the ready-made sandwiches and the orange juice made me kind of put off the idea of just ditching this whole confession. I had already gotten ready, with the blankets, the food and I'd been thinking about this for a few days already.

If he didn't like me, it was fine. It was okay. At least I had tried and faced my fears, instead of running away like I really wanted to. With a newfound determination, I smoothed down my shorts and pressed my lips together.

I could do this.

-

The walk to the pond ridden secret area he had shown me seemed to be timeless with the anxious thoughts that filled my head. I found it, parting the curtain of vines at the entrance and once again entering the beautiful phenomenon that Cameron had shared with me.

It was as beautiful before, the water glistening in the sunlight, sprinkled with lotus plants and flowers. It still amazed me how beautiful this place was even as it was no longer my first time here. I disregarded my thoughts for a second, telling myself that I had to get ready for something else that had a chance to be another wonderful phenomenon that perhaps I would admire in the future.