❀ 15

Another week passed by and from then, came another time where Cameron and I met. This time, however it was completely planned unlike the last two entirely improptu and purely coincidental encounters with each other.

I thought it was only fair that we actually planned one together, rather than just letting the world do it for us. We walked together on the field, the sky was dim, because admittedly I came out later than I was supposed to. It was after dinner time and the sun was beginning to fall away, wanting to have it's rest and let the moon to take over the night.

My hand was occupied by the leash wrapped around it, Brown connected on the other end, walking relaxingly. Cameron walked slowly by my side, his hand holding his leash as well, Snow walking with and easygoing and lazy gait. The atmosphere of today was slightly different than usual.

The lamps that lit up the paths of the park, brought a relaxing atmosphere and made me want to stop and admire everything slowly. However, I could tell that something else was different. I didn't know what, though. I mean, I've always liked being around Cameron; his presence was always nice and welcoming but, for some reason I didn't know, it was different today.

Somehow, I knew that it was different in a good way and not the bad. I felt extra comfortable around him, but his presence by my side was weirdly amplified. I was hyper aware of his movements and when he stopped by a flower bush, red roses beautifully sprinkled around the base of a leaf filled canvas I stopped naturally as well.

"These are very pretty." Cameron said absentmindedly. He stared at them and I had a feeling that I wanted to know what was going through his head. It wasn't that much different than usual, but as I wondered about it today, everything so far was odd and unexplainable in my eyes.

"Yeah, they're beautiful." I commented, entirely speaking the truth. The flowers were gorgeous and I always wondered how nature was able to come up with all these phenomenal plants. The red petals wrapped around others, eventually making their way to the center where they incredibly twisted together.

True to Cameron and my sayings, it was definitely a sight to see.

We continued walking after that, past the rose bushes and into the path that was surrounded by rows of flower bushes that sandwiched resting places for people. I had an inkling to sit down there, just for a second to feel the cool evening breeze with Cameron.

"Come on," I said waving over to the unoccupied and shiny marble surface of the bench and a table of the same material that was cemented on the ground.

The marble bench felt cool against my thighs as I wore my trademark shorts today. I brought Brown up onto the table by my grasp and she sat there, admiring the surroundings. Snow soon followed, as Cameron sat opposite of me, looking as relaxed as the atmosphere was.

While he was distracted, I stole a glance at him. While he petted Snow on her white fluffy fur, his eyes were crinkled all by that small smile of his, his glasses were slipping off the bridge of his nose but he paid no mind, entirely entranced by the dog in his hands. His messy black hair weirdly looked good and put together on him and his cheeks were dusted in a barely imperceptible tint of pink.

The moment he looked up right into my eyes only did I begin to speak, weirdly and unusually flustered as if I was caught doing something I wasn't supposed to do. I was just looking at him. There was nothing wrong about it right?

"The park looks good in the evening." I blurted, feeling an uncontrollable warm flush overtake my cheeks. It was weird, I mean I blushed a lot, but I'd never blushed around him ever since the first day, and yet here I was, cheeks shifting and turning warmer with just a glance from him.