❀ 07

The sight that greeted me once Cameron had pushed the vines apart was definitely out of this world; Beautiful was an understatement.

The bright sky was open above us, the sunlight pouring fully down of us. The pretty signature bushes of the park were littered around, and just like where I had surprised Cameron, some marble benches and marble platforms that acted at as tables.

We were surrounded by nature; the ground was covered in grass, only a few paths interlacing and connecting to each other to lead from the seating places to some of the flower bushes around.

The most impressive thing, by far, was definitely the large pool of water in the middle of it all that glistened in the light. The water was as clear as glass, however, still taking and reflecting the blueness of the sky, appearing blue itself. It would be normal, save for the random clouds floating in the water amongst the aquatic plants.

"Oh my..." I trailed off, turning to Cameron with yet another look which was filled with awe. "This is crazy!" This whole park was like a whole new world that I'd never found time or the interest to explore.

"Yeah," Cameron said, however, despite his reply being monosyllabic, his face expression showed that he was just as excited as I was to share with me this wonderful place.

"I should've befriended you sooner." I said, walking towards the central pond.

Rocks were littered all around below it, rippling with the surface of the water as the light wind dragged along the its surface. Along with the rocks, there were some underwater plants, wiggling with the movements of the water. There were even some lotus flowers and plants randomly afloat on the clear water.

"I come here a lot." Cameron said, his voice drifting closer as he stepped forward next to me. "But no matter how many times I do, it still feels so surreal." It was evident in his voice as his tone was filled with wonderment.

"Do people know about this place?" It seemed that it was unbeknownst to the public for this area was entirely empty save for Cameron, Brown, Snow, the nature around us and I. This place naturally seemed like a place where people would loiter around, for reasons that were obvious: it's beauty and pure peacefulness.

"I think they do." Cameron replied, bending down into a crouch, his attention solely on speaking and admiring the clear waters in front of him. "I've seen some people around, but they never really stick for too long. I think it's because it takes a while to get here and it's pretty confusing to find your way out."

"Well, it seems like just another everyday thing to you." I stated, following him and crouching down, however, in my case, I was bending down to scratch Brown's ears.

"Well, it sort of is." Cameron replied, turning his head over his shoulder to glance at me shortly. "Like I said, uh, I come here a lot. Almost everyday. When I don't, I usually linger... At the area before we reach here."

I nodded for a second before I realized he wasn't looking at me. However even before I was able to give him a reply of acknowledgement, he continued speaking. "Snow likes to come here." At the mention of her name, the mentioned snowball turned her head to Cameron.

He reached forward and unclasped her collar. "I usually let her run about here." Just like he'd mentioned, Snow began hooking around the whole area, moving to the bushes to the trees then back to the pond again, but her attention was on Brown as if inviting the latter to go.

I unhooked her leash. "Go on, go play." Brown bounced ahead, excited, and followed Snow around. It was like the latter was giving the former a dog tour of the whole place. I smiled, and tucked the leash into my shorts.