"Let's get back to this patient's need for an emergent transplant. You're saying the patient's left ventricle had been weakened by the LVAD malfunction?" 

"His left ventricle was weakened by the fact that he had congestive heart failure,"

"Please, Dr Burke. We all know the LVAD was cut by an intern," 

"The events remain unclear," 

"It's unclear to you 'cause you were in the ER with a gunshot wound. Why aren't we hearing from Dr Bailey? She was the senior physician on the case,"

"I don't like that guy," Renee commented as she glared daggers at the man.

"Be quiet," Mark said placing a finger on his lips. 

"I'm the attending on record," 

"Yes, I was the resident in charge,"

"Dr Burke has summarized the medical facts of this case. Are there any questions for me?"

"You recently had a baby, Dr Bailey?" 

"I don't see what that has to do with..." 

"Sleep deprivation coupled with wild swings in hormone levels are factors that could cloud anyone's judgement." 

"I sleep just fine, Dr Savoy," 

"Really? Cause if a patient died due to my poor decision making, I'd lose a little sleep over it."

"Dr Savoy, you are being personal. Try and act professionally for once," Renee spoke up, which caused everyone to look at her.

"I just expressed my opinion, Dr-uh"

"Foster, Head of Oncology," Renee answered, her eyes narrowed at the doctor.

"Yes, Dr Foster, I am just expressing an opinion," 

"Let me remind everyone that our purpose here is not to place blame. This is a forum to discuss mistakes in the patient's care and learn from them," Richard said as he looked at Renee asking her to sit. 

"Well, so far I haven't heard Dr Bailey admit to a mistake,"

"Bastard," 

"So for a period of several hours, your interns were running amuck in the hospital unsupervised," 

"I'm waiting for a question," 

"The question is where were you?" 

"There was the shooting, and the ER was chaotic." 

"The ER is always chaotic. Did you page them during this time?" 

"Yes, I paged them several times."

"So apparently, they thought it was okay to ignore your pages. Dr. why do you think your interns have so much contempt for your authority?"

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about!" Alex yelled from the back.

"Dr Karev, sit down,"

"I really don't like M&M's,"

The M&M had ended a couple of hours ago, Renee was sitting in the Cafeteria alone eating her lunch when someone cleared their throat, looking up she saw Dr Bailey standing there, her hands in front of her.

"Yes? Dr Bailey, do you need a consult?"

"No-uh-I actually wanted to say thank you for standing up for me at the M&M,"