Chapter 13 - The Wallet

It's so quiet

It's so quiet. Quiet that only the sound of the crickets are present and some from the birds of a different specie. I was taken aback when i gained total consciousness and found myself lying on this bed from this hotel like room, but with a cozy ambiance of the wooden furnitures and wall. I saw the clock hanging on the wall. It's four A.M

Hinawi ko ang kumot na nakabalot sa akin at agad umupo para humanap nh sapin sa paa at lumabas ako pagkatapos.

Napakasarap ng hangin sa labas at malamig, sa tingin ko ay natutulog pa ang iba. Agad kong naalala ang nangyari sa amin ni Ava. So natagpuan nila kami at hindi lang iyon imahinasyon? Teka sandali, 'di parin namin nakikita yung wallet ni Ava.

Haven't you even thought that there is something important on that wallet or not?

Her voice echoes in my ears the moment I remember it. I didn't know that a girl like her would be this sentimental over a thing.

I quickly got back to my room where Harvie and four other boys as my roommate are sleeping. I silently packed some things that i will need.

Flashlight. check.

Food and water. check.

Bandage and some first aid kit? check. At marami pang ibang pwedeng magamit.

Yes, i decided to go back to that forest and look for that wallet. It must be really important to Ava. I saw how horrible she is whenever she remembers that wallet.

Ang goal ko ay makuha iyon at makabalik rito bago magumaga para wala akong maistorbo. Agad akong lumabas ulit ng ako'y matapos. Madali na lang naman 'yun i think i can do recover it.

"You're really like Vienne. Sneaking huh?" someone talked behind my back. It was Harvie.

"Harvie, magpapahangin lang ako. Yeah, tama." Please maniwala ka.

"With that sports backpack, you think i will believe you? Nakarecover ka na ba from last night?" kalmadong tanong ni Harvie.

"I will just go back there to get something important, i will be back asap, Bro, don't worry. Can you please keep it just within the two of us?"

"Why don't we just ask the people and guides here to search for it?" Harvie replied nonchalantly.

"As if naman na pagaaksayahan lang nila ng oras yung isang wallet." I whispered to myself but sadly looks like Harvie heard it.

"Harvie I really need to go now before the sun comes up."

"Okay just give me few seconds, I'll pack my things." Harvie replied which confused the heck out of me.

"Wait. Anong pack? Sasama ka?" I asked stupidly.

"You passed out last night. You might remember some parts but definitely not the way from that point you gave up til here. I know the way and i will help you out. I'll go get my things now. Don't you leave yet okay?"