confusion

"What is that suppose to mean?" [y/n] sat across her mother, a flustered expression on her face.

"Well, maybe he's ready dear, maybe your wait is over," Yoshino responded as she and her daughter sat down together.

"But I have Itachi—"

"He's an Uchiha correct?" her mother questioned while pouring more tea for daughter.

"Mhm," [y/n] hummed, pulling her cup towards her lips.

"I don't mean to burst your bubble dear, but 90% of the time they marry inside the clan," [y/n] nearly choked on her tea.

"Who said anything about marriage!?" she responded, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Well, you are coming to that age, you're 19 now turning 20 very soon. Have you've taken the time to think about your future and settling down?"

"No, I love being a kunoichi, and I want to stay one for as long as possibly can!"

"That's what I thought, I was living my life wildly, but then I met your dad, and the settling down didn't sound so bad," a smile formed on her lips.

"Don't get me wrong; being a kunoichi was exhilarating! But when you start a family, there's no place you rather be but with your kids," her voice grew sincere.

"Wasn't Kakashi who took you to the hospital after your knee was injured? And he also helped you through your rehabilitation?" Yoshino rose and eyebrow.

"Yeah, I suppose he was," [y/n] sighed.

"But Itachi has been so good to me," she continued, thinking of all the nice things that he's done for her.

"[y/n], who has always been on your mind? I think the only reason you've spent time with Itachi is because you're trying to fill the void Kakashi left," those words struck a nerve inside the Nara's heart.

"Think about what you're heart wants dear, who is the person you most long for,"

+++

"Pakkun, I did something stupid," Kakashi sighed as he and his summoning dog sat down on a grass field.

"You? Kakashi Hatake did something stupid?" the pug chuckled as he saw the distressed look on his summoner's face.

"Is it about the Nara girl?"

"Yeah," Kakashi mumbles while running his hands through his gray locks.

"I'm just get so sick when I see her with him," he then began to play with Pakkun's paws.

"Isn't that, jealousy?" the dog laughed.

"N-No, I just don't like seeing them together," he huffed in desperation.

"Then do something about it!"

"Don't just watch her fall in love with someone else," the dog spoke wise words.

"What if she doesn't feel the same way anymore, I think I left her waiting for too long," Kakashi threw himself back, falling onto the deep green grass.

"You won't know unless you try,"

"I suppose you're correct, Pakkun," Kakashi petted the top of his head.

___

{[a/n]: so i've been neglecting this story but i got inspiration again!

this chapter is short i hope you don't mind!

hope you enjoyed! we got a bit of Pakkun and Kakashi action i think that's adorable 🥰

thank you for reading ❤️

much love and stay safe loves

-marle🦋