my turn

"So, how has your knee been?" Kakashi asked as he walked her back to her apartment. A strange tension lingered between the two, as memories from the past filled their minds.

"It's fine, I get some awful aches every once in a while, but other than that it's been fine," she smiled lightly while looking down to the knee that was once injured.

"Thank you for helping during my rehabilitation, I don't think I got the chance to express my gratitude truly," she continued speaking, as she fiddle with her fingers.

"You expressed your gratitude every time I took you on your walks," Kakashi chuckled, sounding heavenly to [y/n].

"I was going through a rough patch with my family, so having you there didn't make me feel so alone," [y/n] confessed a small smile tugged on her lips.

"You'll always have me [y/n]," Kakashi opens the apartment complex's door. [y/n]'s breath hitched as her cheeks flushed.

"L-Like wise Kakashi," [y/n] enters as Kakashi stood by the door.

"If it's my turn to wait, then I'll wait," he left no time for [y/n] to respond, he quickly vanished before her eyes, as she usually does. Leaving the Nara stunned, her heart rate shot up, and she bit her lip, trying to keep her smile from forming.

Did she just hear him correctly? She was utterly confused, the man that once said he wasn't ready for a relationship just finished telling her that he'll wait?

"No... I'm hearing things," she whispered to herself as she began to walk towards the stairway.

"There's no way he said that he'll wait for me! I'm sure he just said goodnight," [y/n] mumbled quietly, desperately trying to keep her hopes in check. She then reached her door and quickly unlocked it, a childish smile trying to make its way on her lips.

"But what if he did!" she threw her keys onto the table,y/n] rubbed her face in confusion. The smile she was trying to hide finally broke its way through.

"No! [y/n]! What about Itachi!" she threw herself onto her bed, face planting onto her sheets. The memories of Kakashi and Itachi began to jumble up into her head.

Itachi has done nothing but care for her, and yet she would choose Kakashi in a heartbeat. As of now, she felt stuck, she would never want to hurt Itachi, yet her chance with Kakashi is finally starting to happen.

___

{[a/n]:  i hope you enjoyed ❤️

ATTENTION ALL HAIKYU!! LOVERS ESPECIALLY KEIJI AKAASHI STANS!

i dropped a new akaashi short story! it's based off a song! and it won't be to long probably the same amount of chapters as
+ PLUS

so yeah you're more then welcomed to check it out !

thank you ❤️

much love and stay safe
-marle 🦋