off we go

"So I'm also being demoted," Kakashi questioned his bright-haired Sensei.

"No, not demoted! I just think that with Naruto graduating soon I wouldn't want to see anyone else but you be his mentor!" Minato tried to reason with his former student.

"You've tried this in the past Minato Sensei and just because he is your son it doesn't mean I won't make him take my test," Kakashi was cold, he was colder than usual and Minato noted that.

"Even more reason why I want you to be his Jounin leader! I mean you just told me you won't be lenient on him just because he is my son! And that's exactly what I wanted to hear!" Minato grinned in satisfaction and Kakashi just gave in.

"So will you do it Kakashi!" Minato leaned forward in suspense.

"You make it sound like I have a choice Minato Sensei," Kakashi mumbled but Minato just laughed at his remark.

"Well then, next week they graduate so you should have enough time to deal with your Anbu business," the Fourth Hokage smiled nervously for a week would be hard for Kakashi to collect his loose ends with the Anbu.

"Understood," Kakashi replied he was slightly irritated, but it was Minato so it was highly expected.

"Thank you! You are dismissed,"

+++

"[y/n]?" Shikamaru questioned as the eldest peeked her head through the sliding doors.

"Hey there kiddo!" she greeted while entering her old back porch.

"What are you doing here?" Shikamaru yawned while placing his attention back to the shogi board in front of him.

"Came to tell you some news," [y/n] then lumped herself across of her little brother.

"What is it?" Shikamaru was fixated on the shogi board not once did he look up to his eldest sister at this point.

"I'm going to be a jounin leader," she smiled at him but he just shrugged.

"So does that mean you're coming back home?"

"Uh no not exactly, you know that dad and I haven't been on the same page lately and I think it's still best that I live on my own," she sighed while patting the roof of his head.

"Why don't you just come back? Mom misses you and she hardly talks to dad," Shikamaru looked at the shogi pieces carefully.

"That's for dad to decide, once he finds out I'm in the Anbu anymore he might have of a change of heart, but even if that happens I'm best of living on my own,"

"Anyways I see a perfectly good heir to the clan right in front of me," she smiled sweetly and Shikamaru looked up to his sister in surprise.

"I think you'd be better than me, you are much smarter than I am and being the heir sounds like a drag!" [y/n] laughed at the last part and Shikamaru had a hint of a smile on his face.

"Since your home alone, why don't we get some ramen?"

"I guess I'm kinda hungry,"

"Alright then off we go!"