bonds

After that night, Kakashi still couldn't find the courage to speak to [y/n]. So he would dodge her any time he possibly could, yet he would always find himself watching her. Whether it be coincidently seeing her, or when they had work-related issues. He kept his distance, but his eyes never failed to watch her, but he was quickly getting tired of seeing her with him. He now knew that he had to do something before it was too late.

Itachi and [y/n] had been together every moment they could get. The pair were fairly busy, but late nights, and some weekends, they had some time to spend.

"[y/n]," Itachi spoke as the pair cuddled under stars.

"Yeah," she yawned as she snuggled deeper into his chest.

"Do you still love him?" he asked, which made [y/n] sit up quickly.

"Love who?" her eyebrows frowned in confusion.

"Kakashi." Itachi wasn't jealous. He was being careful. Itachi was ready to take things to the next level with [y/n], but he had to make sure that their old captain wouldn't intervene.

"What makes you think that I ever loved him," she laughed nervously.

"Your eyes are different around him; they are much softer and timid," he also sat up so he could look her deep into her eyes. Itachi wanted to get the whole truth out of her.

[y/n] sat quietly. She didn't know what to say.

"I know you guys have your own kind of bond, and well before I make one with you I just want to make sure you won't regret anything," Itachi's words continue to surprise her.

"I don't have a bond with Kakashi," she shook her head side to side.

"Are you sure? He always seems to be watching you. It's from a distance, but I can tell when his gaze is on you," [y/n]'s eyes widen in disbelief.

"We are just good friends," she attempted to reassure the intelligent Uchiha.

"Goods friends don't look at you like that [y/n],"

"Why are you bring this up right now, Itachi?"

"I want you to be my girlfriend, but if you have something with Kakashi, I don't want to get in the way of that," Itachi intertwined her hands into his.

"You put others needs before yours. You're too kind," [y/n] squeezed his hand.

"Why don't you think about it? I don't need an answer right now. Maybe collect the loose ends with Kakashi while I'm gone on my mission for the next couple weeks,"

"Ok, Itachi," she smiled sweetly.

+++

"Goodnight," she kissed his cheek gently before she entered her apartment building.

"Sleep well, I'll see you soon," Itachi smiled as he too began to make his way home. [y/n] then made her way back to her apartment, a giddy smile placed on her lips as she thought about what it would be like to be Itachi's girlfriend. Once she reached her apartment hallway, her heart skipped a beat when she saw Kakashi standing by her door.

"Kakashi? Why are you here so late?!" [y/n] questioned while she pulled her keys out from her small purse.

"I came to pay *hiccup* you a visit," he slurred.

"Are you drunk?" she whispered angrily.

"N—*hiccup*No,"

"M-Maybe," he chuckled while he sluggishly turned to face her.

[y/n] then let out a heavy sigh as she quickly opened the door.

"Come in I'll make you coffee,"