jealousy

He couldn't take it, the waitress had sat them fairly close to his old subordinates. Kakashi had the perfect view of [y/n]'s face and the back of Itachi's head.

His blood boiled, the guilt he once had turned into jealousy. [y/n] looked genuinely happy a sincere smile spread across her face as she poked fun of her younger brother. Kakashi stole many glances and was constantly looking at her.

The only woman who has kissed his lips was having dinner with somebody else. It angered him to the point where he lost his hunger.

"You haven't eaten Kakashi are you okay?" Gai asked while stuffing his mouth with food.

"Yes,"

"You sound angry,"

"Well, I'm not," Kakashi clenched his hands as he stole another glance of [y/n].

"You keep staring at her, is that the girl that was in your Anbu team?" Gai innocently asked still stuffing his face with food.

"Y-Yeah,"

"And she's with Itachi? Team lunch and you didn't get an invite?" Gai snickered as Kakashi sulked in jealousy.

"Well unless it's a date, but they—"

"Does it matter? We are here to eat not to see what my old subordinates are doing," Kakashi interrupted while grabbing his chopsticks.

"Jealousy never looks good on anybody," Gai remarked slyly.

"I'm not jealous,"

"Whatever floats your boat Kakashi,"

+++

"I'm not doing this right now dad," [y/n] sighed as her father began to pick a fight.

"You had your fun and it's time for you to come back now, and start preparing for the responsibilities as the heiress of the Nara clan," Shikaku continued to drill his eldest child.

"I told you I don't want that title,"

"It doesn't matter what you want!"

"Bye Mom! Bye Shika!" [y/n] shouted as she got up from the living room couch.

"Stop running away!" Shikaku order trying to blocking her exit.

"I don't have my own ino-shika-cho trío, and I am a woman my last name will eventually change, you and I both know Shikamaru is best fitted as the heir to the clan," [y/n] attempted to reason with her father.

"I have something to do now so please let me leave," her father sighed and finally let her pass.

"Goodnight," and with that, she left and entered the cold night. Konoha was dimly lit and was becoming empty as people made their way home. She began to cry silently, she hated the relationship she had with her father. [y/n] has always wished they had a better bond but they were never really able to create one.

[y/n] had reached a nearby seating area and decided to sit down. Tears staining her cheeks as she rested her face inside her palms. Already feeling so much pain emotionally, she was then hit with a painful sensation in the knee she had injured months ago, causing her to let out a quiet sob.

She had a wonderful day meeting her new team and spending time with her brother and Itachi alongside Sasuke. Yet the fight with her father and seeing Kakashi had finally gotten to her. [y/n] has been doing so much just to forget about the emotions she had for Kakashi but nothing was working.

Little did she know Kakashi was watching from behind, paralyzed in hesitation. He didn't know if he should go and comfort her, he thought that he might be the last person that [y/n] would want to see.

He watched her sob silently into her hands, and he finally decided to walk up to her. He closed his eye and took in a deep breath and as he opened his eye while placing his first step. Itachi had suddenly appeared next to [y/n] dango in hand. While he wiped her tears with his free hand.

Kakashi was overtaken with anger had he hesitated that long for Itachi to swoop in before him?

[y/n] rested her head on his shoulder as Itachi pulled out another stick of dango from a white container that he had. He handed it to the Nara who accepted hesitantly, which made Itachi chuckle. The Uchiha then wrapped an arm around her shoulder. The two snuggled up to each other and ate dango in silence. Itachi providing her with comfort, that Kakashi believe he couldn't provide.

Kakashi could only see their backs and he was thankful for that. It allowed him to walk away again his heart shattering each time he took a step.

As the days go bye [y/n]'s heart slowly starts to fall in love for Itachi and still all Kakashi did was watch.

____

{[a/n]: Y0!

Kakashi kinda stalking ngl 😳😳

Anyways I dropped a one shot book feel free to check it out!

Thank you for reading it means the world to me!

Also BIG thanks for those who vote and comment you guys give me so much motivation it's not even funny thank thank thank you 🥺❤️🥺❤️🥺

MUCH LOVE TO ALLLLL OF YOUUU! STAY SAFE LOVES
- marle 🦋