a good thing

Kakashi has never been the same since losing almost everyone close to him. After the war, the only person left standing was his sensei, and he, of course, is busy with his own life, and Kakashi didn't want to bother.

So he'd go on alone only making professional acquaintanceships. Until [y/n] Nara, she shook his world, confusing him with emotions he truly never felt before. It sacred him; he was terrified to connect with her, [y/n] was willing to be there for him; she was ready to accept him for who he is. Yet the fear of losing her haunted him, making Kakashi believe that she was better off without him.

He watched her fall in love, and it broke him, but at the same time, he found a new love, a love that was changing him for the best. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura, his students, were teaching him more then he was teaching them. As the days would turn into months, Kakashi was learning the meaning of truly loving someone. His professional acquaintanceships were turning into friendships. His cold demeanor was changing into a relaxed one. The kids who he believed were a burden, were now like his children, and he was grateful for them.

+++

"Itachi, do you go on B- rank missions?!" Naruto asked in awe of the older Uchiha. The six of them filled the ramen bar. Itachi was sitting in between his brother and Naruto.

Itachi laughed lightly, "Yeah, all the time, I sometimes even go on A-rank missions!" Itachi added on which impressed Naruto, and Sasuke had a prideful smile.

"Do they get scary, Itachi?" asked Sakura, who sat beside Sasuke. The kids took a liking to Itachi and were bombarding him with questions. As the children interrogated, the older Uchiha. Kakashi and [y/n] awkwardly sat beside one another.

"How have you been, Kakashi?" [y/n] began to make conversation.

"Same old, same old," he responded dryly while resting his chin in his hand.

"Do you like being a sensei?" the Nara asked she truly just wanted to hear him speak.

"Hmm, It's been pretty... eventful, but I don't mind at all," Kakashi responded and then tilted his head to look at her. [y/n]'s heart skipped a beat, and she hated herself for it.

"How do you like it?" before now, Kakashi has always been aloof, he never bothered to continue conversations. Though he still had those bad habits, he truly cares for [y/n], and for her, he would talk for hours.

"I love it, I love those kids so much," she smiled sweetly as she thought of team 14.

"I always knew you'd be a great teacher," Kakashi smiled gently, which made [y/n]'s eyes widen in disbelief.

"You've been doing that a lot more often," a slight laugh left her lips as their ramen was placed in front of them.

"Doing what?" he asked as he opened his chopsticks.

"Smiling,"

"Oh yeah, I guess I have,"

"That's a good thing, Kakashi," [y/n] grinned, and they all began to eat ramen, and in some miraculous way, Kakashi ate his dinner in a blink of an eye. No one saw his face, which infuriated the children, causing the adults to laugh.

The evening was filled with laughter and chatter from the group. Kakashi's eye always wanders over to catch glimpses of the Nara besides him.

"Big brother, didn't you say you'd help me with my shuriken throwing?" Sasuke asked eagerly, his eyes showing how excited he was.

"Indeed, I guess we should be going then," Itachi stood up and placed his half of the dinner on the table.

"[y/n] would you like me to walk you home?" the eldest Uchiha walked over to the Nara placing his tender hands on [y/n]'s shoulder.

"I-I think I'll stay here, and uh catch up with Kakashi, " a pink tint filled her cheeks.

That response completely caught both of the jounin off guard, but in the end, everyone left, leaving [y/n] and Kakashi alone.

___

{[a/n]: i'm not going to lie i'm a little stumped on this story so feel free to leave some ideas!

anyways! i hoped you enjoyed , thank you for such positive feed back they truly warm my heart!

stay safe and much love y'all
-marle 🦋