barbecue

"Itachi!" [y/n] waved down the Uchiha brothers as they entered the barbecue restaurant. Itachi smiled lightly as his eyes landed on [y/n].

"Now you be nice Sasuke," the eldest brother whispered while rubbing the youngest's dark locks.

"Whatever," Sasuke mumbled crossing his arms in the process. The pair continued walking towards the Naras, and [y/n]'s smile just grew bigger.

"Shikamaru wake up, they're here," [y/n] quickly shoved her little brother.

"Why did I have to come?" Shikamaru mumbles while pulling his head up.

"Because Sasuke is also here, you guys are in the same year right?" [y/n] whispered quickly before the Uchiha brothers sat across from them.

"What a drag," yawned Shikamaru while opening his gaze towards Itachi.

"Hey, Shikamaru I don't think we've met before," Itachi pulled his hand out and Shikamaru lazily shook it.

"Hey," the youngest Nara sighed, making [y/n] smile in a sorry way.

"[y/n] this is Sasuke," Itachi nudged Sasuke which forced the younger brother to stick his hand out to [y/n].

"We actually bumped into each there this morning at the academy, but it's nice to officially meet," [y/n] embraced his hand into her hers.

"Likewise," Sasuke mumbled dryly which caused Itachi to kick him under the table.

"Oh really?" Itachi was intrigued by their previous encounter.

"Yeah, Kakashi is his team leader and just as my team was leaving from the academy rooftop they were arriving," [y/n] disregarded the incident Sasuke shared with Killua, which brought relief to the younger Uchiha.

"How was your new team?" Itachi questioned while their younger siblings grabbed the menus to avoid interaction with one another.

"They are a colorful—" [y/n] had the view to the restaurant entrance, that's how she easily spotted Itachi, and that's how her eyes landed on Kakashi. He had a green book in his hand as Might Gai dragged him in.

"[y/n] are you okay?" Itachi snapped her back into reality.

"Y-Yeah, I was just saying that my group is a colorful bunch," [y/n] did her best to compose herself once more, but just the sight of Kakashi can derail her train of thought.

You don't even have to try and I still get nervous around you.

+++

"You gotta loosen up Kakashi! Leave the book alone and let's get some barbecue! In celebration of us becoming senseis to the new youth of Konoha!" Gai wrapped his arms around Kakashi and pulled the grey-haired man into the restaurant.

"I am hungry," Kakashi sighed while he succumbed to Gai's wrath.

"Attaboy now give the book," Gai held his hand out as they waited to be told where to sit.

"No,"

"Give it," Gai insisted while motioning his hand back and forth.

"I'll put it away how's that?" Kakashi compromised while slipping the book into his back pocket.

"That'll do Kakashi! That'll do," Gai laughed while he patted Kakashi's back aggressively.

As any normal shinobi, Kakashi had a habit to scan his surroundings no matter the situation, and just to his luck, he saw the Nara and Uchiha siblings having dinner.

His stomach twisted as he saw [y/n] feeding Itachi a piece of barbecue. One could tell Itachi was completely out of his comfort zone, but you could also tell that he was only doing it for her. [y/n] grinned playfully as Itachi ate the food.

"Why don't we go eat elsewhere," Kakashi turned towards the door.

"Nonsense!" his bowl head best friend yelled.

"We eat here!"

"B-But,"

"Is it just you two gentlemen?" a voice peered from behind the two shinobi.

"Yes indeed!" Gai responded happily and began to pull Kakashi towards him once more.

"Follow me this way," the waitress smiled.

Please not near [y/n]. Please not near [y/n]. Please!