Each year, all the seniors have a field trip. The place and theme of activities that we're going and will be doing depends on the subject that was picked by the teachers.

"I hope we go hiking!" V excitedly piped in, earning immediately alarmed looks from the pack of skittles and protest from us.

Lunch continued on with laughter and full of Valentino's corny jokes. Chase's expression was always from murderous to annoyed because of Todd and Valentino teasing him.

"Why did the mushroom go to the party?" V asked, all of us still trying to recover from his earlier joke.

"Why?" Chase grumbled, a defeated look on his face

"Because he was a fungi!" V answered, a complete serious look on his face.

I bursted out laughing, my hands holding my stomach. The pack of skittles were laughing like a bunch of hyenas; I even heard Val fart from his own joke from laughing so hard.

The laughter was cut off when we heard a voice to our right. Annie stood in front of us with a small smile on her face.

"Hi guys," She greeted softly,"Alec, can I talk to you for a second?" She turned to him, fiddling with her hands.

Alec paused, turning to me with a clear intent of asking permission first. I glanced at Annie, offering her an encouraging smile before nodding at Alec.

I knew why she wanted to talk to him and I only hope that Alec wouldn't get mad after knowing her full intentions.

"I'll be back biscotto," He muttered to me, kissing me on the forehead before walking away.

The chatter came back up after a few seconds. This time, Valentino was trying to take the bacon out of Chase's hamburger.

"Buy your own fucking food V," Chase growled, his hand pulling away his burger from V's grasp, the burger a few inches away from Todd's bubble.

Todd grinned, before taking a bite out of it. Chase jerked slightly, his eyes looking at his now bitten burger in disbelief.

Val chuckled, leaning in slightly to give Todd a high-five who returned it with a smug smirk on his face.

Loud laughter erupted from our table once again. Chase's expression was completely funny and before I knew it, V and Todd were out of the bench and running away from Chase was running after them with a frustrated look.

🤣

I was casually fixing my stuff in the locker when Alec's familiar frame leaned next to it. He let out a sigh, seeming troubled.

School hours were over and I was totally ready for the weekend. Theodore has been confined in the hospital yesterday, apparently his vitamin levels went down a notch that made his heart work harder and cause a strain on his body.

Mom has been with him since then and I'm planning to be the one to take care of Theodore today. Knowing dad, he's probably stressing out because my mom won't leave Theo's side.

"How'd your talk go?" My hands arranging my books into a neat pile.

"Annie said she loves me and about her other intentions regarding the fake dating thing," Alec answered honestly, seeming to be deep in thought.