At school my students decided to throw me a surprise party during recess. It was the cutest thing ever. A big white cake was placed on the center of the room on top of the tables surrounded by bottles soda and chips. They hung up pictures of me and of us together that hung down from the ceiling. They even managed to sneak one in of the day that Levi visited me at school. When did they take this?! I blushed when I saw it, remembering once again our kiss. Geez, I had to get used to this soon or later. But I simply couldn't control my heart rate whenever Levi was involved anymore.

Noticing that I was staring at the picture of Levi, my pupils started laughing and making kissy noises. I laughed. I loved them to the moon and back. Tina and Coraline walked in after a while and gave me a hug. They knew all about the surprise party. For a moment I couldn't imagine having any other job than this one. I forgot all about Colt and Carly. I forgot about how much I missed Levi. I was happy, genuinely happy.

This time I drove myself to the hospital. Tina didn't argue, because she said she hated being there and catching us in the middle of 'sucking each other's faces off'. Seriously, I was never going to hear the end of this.

By the time I was standing in front of Levi's door, my heart was racing again. I turned the handle and found Levi, once again, sitting at the edge of his bed. This time he was sitting at the opposite side of his bed, facing the window. I went over to him.

"Hey," I told him.

He turned to me and smiled. He looked less miserable than the last time I saw him. And I was about to find out why.

"Hey, guess what," Levi started.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Guess who's getting discharged right now."

I gasped sharply. "You're kidding!"

He stood up and walked around a bit. "Yup, I'm perfectly fine now. Muscles still ache sometimes, but that will heal in time. I really wanted to get out today, so... They said it was okay because I've recovered enough."

"That's so amazing!" I said, clapping my hands together excitedly, "I didn't think you would get out for my birthday. That's so cool!!"

Levi chuckled. "That's my little surprise for you, I guess. It's not much, but..."

"Not much? You've got to be joking. This is the best day of my life."

He stood up carefully and took two steps to get to me. I grinned widely at him.

"I just need to put my shirt on and we can leave," he said.

I saw the shirt on his pillow and went to grab it for him. Although he didn't ask me for help, I helped him take his hospital gown off. He was already wearing his jeans, so I didn't have to worry about seeing him butt naked. His body was covered in bandages, so I had to be extra cautious with him. You could barely see his tattoos anymore.

"Don't make that face," he said, reading right through me.

"Sorry," I said automatically, "Just tell me if it hurts, okay?"

I slipped his left arm in first seeing as that one was the injured one. It would have hurt him far more if I had done his right arm first and then leave his left arm for last. But somehow he still winced with pain. I panicked and asked him if he was okay. He laughed and said he was just messing with me.

"Not funny," I said frowning, "You scared the crap out of me."

Levi used his right hand to ruffle my hair. "Sorry, I just had to." His face was close to mine, and he instantly pulled his head back when he realized it.