║ RUN IN ║

A few more months passed. Nothing really happened, and Snape was just as grumpy as always.

Christmas fell upon Hogwarts quickly, decorations were already hung up everywhere, along with a tree in the dining hall.

I always loved Hogwarts during Christmas time. The snow blanketed the landscape, making me feel warm inside.

I was sat on my bed, finishing my book as Sonata curled onto my lap. I pet her slowly as I stared out the window, watching the snow flakes fall past.
Hermione bursted in through the door. I turned around to see her wearing a thick robe and a scarf. She ripped her gloves off along with her hat, letting out a sigh.

"I hate it out there! It's all just... Just... Snow!" She exclaimed.

"Uh, yeah. That's the whole point of snow." I said, furrowing my brows slightly. "And you knew that it was snowing. Why'd you go outside if you don't like it?" I added as Hermione rolled her eyes, slipping off her shoes.

"Because I was trying to find Ginny, and thought that she'd be out on her broom, but Malfoy decided to throw a snowball at me!"

"Malfoy? He threw a snowball at you?" I raised my eyebrows. "He's dead meat."

Sonata jumped off my lap as I got up, reaching for my coat. Hermione's eyes shot wide open.

"Can I come?" She asked frantically. I tilted my head. Didn't she just complain about the snow? But I'd want to see Malfoy probably get beat up by someone too.

"Er, okay I guess." I slowly tied my robe, grabbing my wand and mittens, slipping into my shoes.

Exposing Malfoy wasn't a great start to Christmas day, but it was certainly fun.

*×*

I scanned the yard for that ferret-haired freak, keeping my wand by my side. Hermione was behind me, trying to warm up her hands.

"Where'd you see him last time?" I asked. She shrugged.

"I dunno. He ran off after I spotted him." She said. I let out an irritated sigh knowing that he got off free handed.

"Well he probably ran back inside to get this greedy little hands on his presents." I guessed, turning off back to the entrance. Hermione followed behind me, jogging lightly.

"I forgot about the gifts!" She breathed out. I rolled my eyes playfully, letting out a laugh as she raced past. I started to follow after her in a light run.

"Hold on! I have gifts too, you know!"

We ran into the school, nearly slipping on the wet floor from the snow. Hermione rushed around corners and columns, along with other curious students wondering what they got.

All of a sudden, my wand fell out of my robe pocket. This has been happening recently since I had a small hole in my pocket that was big enough for my wand to fall through, and I never had time to sew it up...

"Hold on, Hermione!" I called out after her. I bent down to get the wand, only to see that it had a small crack in it.

This wasn't the first time my wand got a crack in it. In my 3rd year, I was trying to do some wand tricks that I saw from a brochure my mother got in the mail. Unfortunately, it broke and I had to wait a few days before repairing it.

"Great..." I muttered as I examined the wand. The tip was cleanly split. I wouldn't be able to do anything with this...

"Ms. L/n."

A familiar, monotoned voice spoke my name from down the hall, along with long footsteps.

I looked up to see professor Snape coming over, which made me stand up straight almost immediately.

"Good morning, professor Snape!" I greeted in a cheery tone. His face didn't budge even a small smile; it was frozen in a disappointed looking expression.

"What do you think you're doing, tracking snow into the school? Have you heard of wiping your feet, or perhaps, using a charm to clean them up?" He started with his usual complaining. This made me wamt to roll my eyes, but I nodded instead.

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry." I apologized. "I'll be on my way now."

I started to walk off, but was brought back by a strong grip gripping onto my arm. I let out a surprised gasp.

"You've broken your wand again, have you?" His stern voice supposed. I couldn't move, not even to nod. His grip got harder.
"Answer me, L/n."

"Y-yes."

He yanked the wand out of my hand, inspecting it. His brows furrowed, changing from his old, fed up look. A few seconds passed in silence, but it felt like hours.

"You'll surely fail your classes with it being broken like this." He let go of my arm aggressively.
"I'll make sure to fix it before next week."

My eyes widened.
"Next week? But-"

"I know what you're trying to do, L/n. Casting spells on Malfoy won't do any good." He snarled. I let out a nervous gulp, but before I could reply further he started to lean in. I could feel his breath on my face as I stared in fear. "Your mother wouldn't like to hear this, would she?"

I didn't know how to respond this tome. He knew what I was doing... But how?

I shook my head slowly as he pushed me away, causing me to slip on the water trailed behind me.
Expecting Snape to help me up, he stepped past me and trailed down the hall.

I mean... What was I expecting? He's a professor and I'm a student... But he's acting like everything that happened NEVER happened...

Almost saddened by the thought, i scrambled up and walked back to the common room, my head bent as I indulged in thought.

=====

My uploading is worse than my grades 🤠