║ MALFOY ! ║

I've been reading my book for about 2 hours now, Hermione checking in on me now and then. Soon, I was completely alone after the other girls went off to explore or meet up with their friends.

The room was quiet, except for Sonata's claws tearing against the curtains that were hung up on the window. I shut my book, folding the corner of the page to mark my place since I didn't have a bookmark yet.

"Alright, get away from the curtains." I grabbed the cat and brought her up to my face, smiling. Sonata stared at me with her grouchy face, blinking slowly.

A knock came from the door as I hugged Sonata.

"Y/n? We need to go to the dining hall now!" My eyes widened. I forgot to get into my uniform!
I put Sonata down and hurried to my unpacked suitcase, throwing all of my packed clothes into my bed. I frantically searched for any piece of my uniform, cursing under my breath.

I know I didn't forget it. I checked my suitcase in the car as we were driving and saw it neatly folded up on the top.

"Everything alright, Y/n?" She called out. I looked over at the door.

"Er... Yeah! Just hold on a second-" I spotted the skirt and sweater lied out next to each other, my tie still set up in the case.
"Oh, thank Merlin..."

I quickly changed, putting my robe on over it. Grabbing my wand and stuffing it into my pocket, I rushed to the door and opened it, being greeted by Hermione. She stood impatiently, grabbing my arm.

"Gods, everyone's probably wondering where we are!" She muttered. I frowned.

"Everyone?"

"Well, not EVERYONE but Harry and Ron." She stopped. "And maybe Malfoy." She winked, letting go of my arm. My heart stopped.

"Malfoy? Why Malfoy?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Well, according to your journal-"

"You read my journal?!" I stared at her in disbelief. Hermione looked down at the ground, laughing.

"What? It's a great source of entertainment when you're held up in a dorm." She defended herself, starting to walk again. I followed after her.

"But everything in there is from first year, it means nothing now!" I exclaimed.

"We'll see about that." She walked quickly as I tried to keep up with her.

"Gods, take me now..." I muttered, pinching the bridge of my nose.

*×*

Hermione and I raced into the hall, some heads turning as we walked in. Everyone was silent, Dumbledore watching us as we sat down.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"Dumbledore was just speaking." Harry replied.

"Until you came in." Ron leaned back, crossing his arms.
I put my head down, channeling out Dumbledore's speech he gives every year.

I looked over at the professor's tables to see if any professors joined or left this year. It seemed as if everybody was here.

I kept looking, but stopped when I got to Snape.

He was looking at Dumbledore, sitting still with his blank face. I could almost hear his voice in my mind just from looking at him.

Suddenly, his head turned over to my direction, causing us to stare at each other.

My cheeks burned.