Chapter 1

"It's so weird thinking back to when I first met you and at that moment I had no idea you would have such a big impact on me."

I could still remember it clearly, the moment we met each other. It felt like it happened yesterday.

-Aurora (오로라)

2016. 04. 13.

I had the worst day today at school! I never thought I could have the worst day ever again than the day before yesterday but luck is really not just for me. I woke up this morning and I checked my phone, it wouldn't turn on.

    "Maybe, I turned it off last night and I forgot I did it," I told myself but I couldn't remember doing it last night. All I remember was me charging my phone before falling into a deep slumber to found out that I didn't do it properly.

     I hurriedly did all of my business because I was already running late. My best friend was waiting for me in our living room but I had told him, do not wait for me anymore or he'd be late too.

     Minutes after telling him to leave without me, I was finally done and already started running from our house to our school. I never knew I could run that fast until today.

     I finally arrived at our school in time but it was also the exact time the middle-aged man closed the gate of our school.

     "선생님 한 번만 더 들여보내 주세요 [Let me in one more time please]," I pleaded.

     "또 너야 오로라야? [It's you again Aurora?]" the guard already knows my name from always seeing me late.

     "선생님 (Seonsaengnim),"  I begged.

     "아이시, 이번이 마지막이 될 거야. 다음 번에는 일찍 일어나다 [Aish, this will be the last time. Wake up early next time]," my eyes lit up when the guard said that.

     Stepping inside the school campus, I thanked him. "정말 감사합니다 (Jeongmal kamsahamnida)," before rushing towards the set of stairs.

     It was still morning, and I was already having a bad day. How much more for this day?

     I groaned taking the last step of the stairs knowing that I would get another punishment from being late, again. I shrugged, I'm already used to cleaning the classroom every time school ends. Nothing is new.

     I rushed in going to my Literature class as I was carrying the books I would be needing.

     "Mrs. Jung, I'm sorry I'm late aga-" I stopped explaining why was I sorry when I saw people were standing at the front door of the class. Some of my classmates looked back surprised to see me made it but for some, their fixated eyes were in front.

     Mrs. Jung is in her late 60's but hasn't retired yet and she still wants to teach. She reminds me so much of my grandmother on my father's side. I miss her.

     My best friend San heard my voice since he was seating near the back door and immediately made eye contact with me shushing me. He gestured for me to just come in since Mrs. Jung was too busy talking to our principal with some guy beside him. I hurriedly sneaked in taking that time to my advantage. Luckily, my seat is also at the back making it easier for me.

     Putting down the books on my table, the principal left and the guy started introducing himself to the class. The guy looks good but I'm not interested in him. He looks like a heartbreaker and a spoiled rich guy that is too cocky. He looks like he would bully me. Completely not my type but who am I to judge?

     San was telling me something but I couldn't understand what he was saying even though we are only sitting three chairs away from each other.

     "뭐라고? [What did you say?]" I mouthed back.

     He repeated the words but my brain still couldn't process what he was saying.

     "뭐? (Mwo?)" I asked turning quickly to face the front avoiding getting caught.

     He gestured for me to wait before writing on the paper.

     "어떻게 들어갔어? [How did you get in?]" he wrote.

     "난 전설이야, 레젠드 [I'm a legend, legend]," I mouthed answering San's question then faced in front seeing Mrs. Jung's eyes were on me.

     Once she finished asking the guy questions she had proceeded to teach her lesson but before that she scanned the class landing her eyes on me.

     I gulped, I knew that I was in danger.

     "Ms. Lee get your things and sit beside Mr. Park. Exchange seats with Ms. Han and please come out after this class ends, the same as you Mr. Park," she instructed and I didn't know if I heard it right but her gaze at me made it clear that she was talking to me.

     I got my things grumpily but didn't make it obvious and sat beside the guy. If San didn't ask me and I didn't reply I would not have a new seat. 

     "아, 안녕하세요 [Uh, hi]," the guy smiled as I took a seat.

     "박성화입니다 (Park Seonghwa imnida)," he extended his hand to shake mine.

     "안녕하세요 이오로라입니다 (Annyeonghaseyo Lee Aurora imnida)," I replied and even showed him a smile, trying my best to be nice.

     A few minutes before the class ended, a piece of paper with our names written on it was a task to be passed but I didn't have a pen with me. I searched my whole bag multiple times but I couldn't find any pen. I looked at San but he was busy writing down and he couldn't hear me. We were sitting three chairs away from one another but now five chairs away. I would ask my right seatmate but she writes slowly. I already asked my classmates around me but they do not have an extra pen. There was only one person left for me to ask and that's my left seatmate.

     "아... 저기, 펜 좀 빌릴 수 있을까요? [Ah... hey, can I borrow a pen?]" I asked the guy beside me after hesitating a few times.

     "그럼요 {Of course]," he said handing me the extra pen he has.

     "감사합니다 (Kamsahamnida)," I mumbled thanking him.

     The bell started ringing and I was glad the first class already ended but then we still needed to go outside and meet our teacher. I silently groaned, standing up.

     "Ms. Lee since you have to clean the classroom for two weeks, I thought of bribing those two weeks of cleaning to my favor."

     "선생님 뭐예요? [What is it, Ma'am?] I'd do anything," I replied, and with the sound of no cleaning that I should do for two weeks sounded great.

     "Oh, I see you're alright with it," she sent me a smile. "You'll be in charge of the lessons he missed in my class and Ms. Lee?" she said looking at me.

     "Would you mind showing him around the campus?"