Chapter 12

On the way to the next destination on their itinerary, Sangla, the driver had to stop the car midway. He got out of the car to find out what was happening. Rina was asleep in the backseat. Ishaan was reading. Heer was looking at Ishaan. He lowered his book and asked, "You know I always knew I was interesting but even while reading?"

Heer rolled her eyes and said, "Please. Don't give yourself so much credit. I was just curious."

He raised an eyebrow and lowered his book to ask, "About?"

"About how you read in a moving car. It's enough to give me motion sickness just looking at you."

He chuckled and said, "Ah! It helps that this book is unputdownable. Have you read it?"

"Duh. Why are you only just reading it?"

"I don't know. It's been in my library for ages. I thought it would keep me company through this trip considering it's a thick book and I'm a slow reader. But I think it's running the risk of getting over soon."

"Do you like it?"

"Very interesting!"

"It gets polarizing opinions, you know that right?"

He turned the book around in his hands and nodded.

"Yes. Whoever sees the book in my hand warns me about it. They thought my whole belief system was going to take a hit."

She asked curiously, "Has it?"

He shook his head and replied, "No. I think it depends on when you read it? Like what life stage you're in?"

She paused to think about that. That did make sense. Huh. Why didn't she think about it?

He leaned in and whispered, "You want to agree with me but you're finding it hard to do so, aren't you?"

She rolled her eyes but didn't say anything.

The driver showed up at her window and said, "Madam..."

She jumped up and said, "Gah why is everyone scaring me today?"

The driver said, "Sorry Madamji. I just found out the reason for the stop. There's been a landslide ahead. We can't move to that side."

Ishaan frowned and moved ahead in his seat to ask, "Wait what?"

Heer asked, "What is the next stop, bhaiyya?"

The driver replied, "We go to Kalpa, the next stop."

Rina awoke from her nap and mumbled, "Wait what?"

Ishaan patted her on the shoulder and said, "Already covered that, girl."

Heer burst out laughing at that.

Author's Note: Did good this weekend, didn't I? :D