Chapter 3

Kumarakom

"Hey, I have an odd question."

Heer looked up from her laptop and saw a guy looking at her over the counter. She was manning the reception while Mr Nair was on lunch break. She put on her best professional smile and said, "Sure. How may I help you?"

"So what is a girl named Heer doing in Kumarakom?"

She smiled and rolled her eyes before saying, "Having Punjabi parents help."

He replied, "Ah!"

She nodded and said, "Now are there any resort related questions I can help you with?"

He smiled and shook his head.

"Nope. I'm actually here to make a delivery. For a Ms....Shashi Chaudhary?"

Heer extended her hand and said, "That's the aforementioned Punjabi parent. I'll sign for it."

"There's nothing to sign, actually." He then looked around the place and said, "This looks like a great place. You must be getting a lot of footfalls here eh?"

She shrugged and said, "It's what keeps us all busy and well-fed. Okay, so can I take whatever it is?"

The guy nodded and said, "Right, so your mother asked for a package tour to Spiti for you? I'm here to take her through the details."

She balked, "Huh what? Spiti? As in Himachal Pradesh?"

He laughed and nodded. He then looked at her shock and said, "You seem...surprised. Maybe I should talk to her directly? I can come back later. Here's my card. Ask her to give me a call. My name's Joel."

Author's Note: Sigh! The times we live in really make us crave for what we had right? Like what would I not give to plan a trip somewhere, let alone actually go there! The excitement of seeing new places! 
What is your favourite vacation so far and why? If we can't actually go anywhere else, we may as well go down memory lane.

S.