A Quartz and a Pearl Reprise

Jasper sat on the beach, looking at the setting Sun over the sparkling ocean waves which calmly lapped upon the pure white sands of the beaches. Jasper had a lot of time to think, and she deep down knew exactly what she wanted, but she feared acting upon said desires as she starred into the ocean, paralyzed by longing and fear of rejection.

Garnet sat next to her.

"Oh hello," Jasper greeted the fusion.

"You seem troubled," Garner explained, "What's on your mind?"

"Oh just thinking about a Gem," Jasper sighed, "What brings you here anyways?"

"Oh," Garner smiled, "I had a feeling a friend of mine might need some advice."

"I appreciate it and all," Jasper explains, "But look at me. I still have horns and malformed patches of color. She wouldn't want me like this."

"I won't deny that there is an aspect of physical attraction in most romantic relationships," Garnet reassured, "But beauty is a subjective thing, and the only objectively ugly thing is poor health. Anything else is beauty of differing forms. Those scars show you healed. They show-"

"That I was weak," Jasper responded, "Wasn't strong enough. I know I should be trying to work on my aniexty, and I have been, but Steven died. He saw what the humans call 'the afterlife'. If I didn't get corrupted-"

"No," Garnet shut down this false line of thinking, "It shows you're strong. Strong enough to overcome corruption. Strong enough to turn a Gem against Homeworld while standing trial. Strong enough to defy Yellow and strong enough to create a family on Earth. You're strong Jasper."

"You're stronger," Jasper reminded still down on herself, "I've never seen you unfuse or show weakness."

"That's because I hide it," Garnet sighed, looking at her Gems, "I've had to since Rose- I mean Pink died. I had to step up and take charge. I couldn't have done it without her. My better half. I was able to handle it because I wasn't alone. Sapphire and Ruby always have each other, as me. Not to say you have to stay fused with who you love, that's a personal preference, but I am saying if you love someone as you do this Gem, you would be happier admitting it."

"But how?" Jasper asked, considering it but not fully convinced.

"Trust your heart," Garnet smiled standing up, "You got it from here."

With that, as Garnet left, Sea arrived at the beach on her surf board, her hair down as she shook her head to get it out of her eyes and dry it out somewhat, smiling happily as she saw Jasper, "Hey Jas!"

"Hey..." Jasper spoke stoically, unsure how to express her feelings making her delivery stiff, if sincere, "Can we... talk?"

Sea sat next to Jasper and explained, "Yes actually there's something I need to tell you."

"What?" Jasper inquired, more concerned for Sea's problems then contining this confession.

"You first," Sea replied, burying her nervousness, hoping deep down Jasper would make the first move but ready to confess if she didn't.

"I don't see you as family," Jasper sighed, nervousness and aniexty breaking through her stoic facade as... well she had no heart but if she did it would be racing, "I do love you platoncially as one would a close friend and if you wanna just stay best friends I understand, platonic, romantic, and familial love are all equally good and I understand if you don't feel the same But I-"

Jasper was cut as Sea suddenly leaned in for a kiss, taking the hint and deciding to place all her cards on the table.

Jasper leaned in, kissing the Pearl deeply, a love that would have been forbidden just a few years ago under Era Two now free to blossom into something beautiful.

"I love you too," Sea assured the Quartz with a kind smile, "You don't look down on me. You see me as an equal. You're the Gem I love and my best friend alike."

"So what now?" Jasper inquired, the nervousness replaced by cluelessness, now unsure what to say or do. In truth she expected this to ruin their friendship outright, a non possibility based in paranoia and insecurity. Jasper never expected to get this far and thus, didn't plan for what to do next.

Sea extended her hand with a sweet smile, offering a dance under the gorgeous backdrop, a sea of orange and red in the sky over the ocean of deep blue water. Jasper took Sea's hand and the two danced slowly, their movements kicking up small splashes of water as the tides washed over their feet, washing away the footprints, echos of each step they took in the snow white sands as the duo began to glow and fuse into a singular form.

Tourmaline stretched her legs, her upper body not shown due to camera angle as the view faced the ocean, only her feet visible, getting a feel for being fused once more after so long.

"I missed being me," She smiled hugging herself, "But I don't wanna be me all the time, just every now and again."

The fusion looked out at the ocean with a wide smile and grabbed her surfboard, "There's still some good waves out there. I think I'll have a little fun, then go for a swim."

With that Tourmaline went out to enjoy her new form, which actually differed, now fully visible. The fusion now had a horn, again much like a narwhal independent of her weapon, which was more of a sea foam green color, as if Sea's natural blue, mixed with the corrupted parts of Jasper's form, in additon, there were a couple more miscolored spots on her body like this, partially covered by her outfit of a modest bathing suit, which did show her stomach and her white top did not cover Sea's Gem, but aside from that the bathing suit was a rather modest, white color. There were two miscolored, one on the left side of her stomach, a mark covering the area from the hip to where her ribs start in the shape of a wavy circle and one under her left eye, smaller, as if she had a bag under her eye, but these spots only added to the beauty of it, showing not the pain, but the healing and recovery Jasper and Sea had undergone and continued to undergo, and the beauty of their love for each other. Showing that depiye the pain of the past, they were still beautiful, if not moreso than before.

This fusion stood on her surfboard to catch waves out at sea, looking to a brighter future...