Goodbyes

Steven took a deep breath as he sat on the roof with Spinel the night prior to the big day.

"So..." Spinel asked growing to full size, "This... this is it. We're really doing this?"

Steven nodded, "I need to say my goodbyes. Just in case..."

"I won't let it come to that," Spinel replied, "You know that."

Steven nodded, "I'll be back soon. Just gotta check in on everyone. You go ahead and talk to everyone you need to as well."

Spinel nodded and parted ways. Steven first headed to the barn, where Lapis and Peridot examined a sculpture made of stone that Peridot chipped away at with a chisel and Lapis eroded into form with precise, flowing water from a pond the duo had created.

"Hey Steven!" Lapis exclaimed, dropping the flying stream which fell and drenched Peridot.

Lapis landed from the skies above in front of Steven.

"God it feels good to fly!" Lapis commented as she landed in front of Steven, "I don't know what I would've done if you never healed my Gem!"

Steven chuckled awkwardly, "Yeah... but humans don't live forever like you Gems. I just wanted to take a day to tell everyone I love, my friends and family how much I appreciate them."

"You a little manic or..." Lapis asked.

"I'm in a slight upswing with my mood swings," Steven shrugged, "But that's besides the point."

Lapis sat next to Steven and asked, "Is this really about Jasper?"

Steven turned away and sighed, "Maybe in a certain way... but that's not the point. Lapis, since before I could remember you've protected me. Now I do love Jasper as my mother, but I love you as my mother as well. I'm sorry I've been do distant from you as of late despite this. It's just... losing Jasper after she finally accepted me... it was hard. You know?"

Lapis hugged Steven, "It's OK Steven. You'll always be a son to me. I love you too."

Peridot walked over as she shook off the water and Steven spoke to her, "Peridot, you were always like a big sister to me, I want you to know I love you as such. You're so smart and fun and I never want you to think losing a few inches makes me think any less of you."

Peridot smiled and replied, "Well, it's always nice to have a little bro who understands these human things."

Steven smiled and began to walk off, "In headed into town. See you guys... eventually."

Steven left into town where he ran into Bismuth who player volleyball with some humans, spiking the ball into the sand with such force that a pillar of the beige colored specks of rock flew through the air before she looked down to see Steven and rushed to greet him.

"Steven!" She exclaimed, lifting the young human onto her shoulder, "How are you?"

"I just felt I should say this to you," Steven explained, "Back in the day we had our... issues but I've grown to love you as an aunt. As a part of my family and... I'm glad I unbubbled you all those months ago."

Bismuth hugged Steven and replied, "It was great to be able to meet you Steven. You're so much better than your moth- I mean Rose Quartz."

"That means a lot," Steven smiled, "Hey where's Garnet?"

"Oh I can send you where she is," Bismuth explained, "Hey you fly right?"

Steven nodded confused, "Why?"

"Hey guys watch this drive!" Bismuth exclaimed to the humans as she threw Steven into the sky and across Beach City.

"Did... did you just throw a kid?" A human inquired as Bismuth looked into the sky with a smile.