"You should have told me Eric. Atleast taken one of your bodyguards with you. You are a CEO of a company that everyone has an eye on. When will you understand this?"

He pouted like a two year kid, "But sometimes I want to be alone you see..."

Him wanting to be alone hit a gentle nerve. Was he overwhelmed with everything that he decided to take a break from all of us? Including me?

"Whatever you are thinking in your head must be stopped immediately!", He said taking a spoonful of vegetable soup.
Huh? How did he come to know?

"I said I want to be away from the guards and men running around me.That doesn't include you.", My cheeks turned red to which he smirked triumphantly.

"By the way, why didn't you eat? I need a person with me, not the other way around.", He remarked.

I thought for a while, "Your disease must be infectious. It got into me."

*

I prepared the bed for us, while he was changing inside. His phone started ringing and I saw Jessica calling. I would have received the call, but then I remembered how he avoids talking to them. I shouldn't encourage it.

I went towards the closet, "Eric your mum is calling!"
When I went inside he had his t-shirt halfway, facing the other side, and looking at something on his chest pretty focused. But as he heard me, he quickly wore the t-shirt.

Guess Mr. Ashton is shy of showing his not-so-flat tummy.

He turned and smiled nervously at me and took the phone..

After his call, where he was assuring her he's good, I am good, we are good and everything. Jess worries too much, but no one can know a mother's heart.

I settled on the right side, my usual and waited for him.
When he came, he looked at the bed strangely, "Uh! Erica... I want to lie down on the right today."

I furrowed my brows doubtfully but shifted nonetheless, "I am not the one who hates moonlight coming from the window Eric!"

He chuckled, "I just want a change."

I turned to face him and god! Is it possible a man looks more handsome while he's yawning all tired?
I think I am whipped...as David says.

I closed the distance between us, and kept my hand on his torso, "Should I tie you to the bed, so you don't vanish in the morning?"

"That was for once! I promise...", He said kissing my nose. He was holding my hand that was on his torso firmly, and so I tried to wrap it around him, only for him to stop me.

"Turn around...I will hold you!", He said and I turned more pleased at the thought.
I laid on my left and his right hand wrapped around my waist, his face settling in the crook of my neck.

Talk of comfort and content...

*

Two days later, I was sitting in his office when he abruptly went in the washroom. But unusual was that he was there for more than ten minutes.

I knocked on the door, "Eric you ok??"

"Oh yes I am! My stomach is upset I think.", I heard him.

"Okay I'll bring some medicine then...", I came out of the office, only to find my phone left there.
I sighed and went back in the office, but what I saw simply shook the earth below me.

Eric was standing shirtless.

But that was not that knocked my breath out. The way he was dressing up something on the right side of his chest.
He didn't notice me and winced when his finger must have rubbed the spot.

Realization dawned upon me.
His strange behaviour since he came from California.

"Eric?", I said and flinched on how monotonous I sounded. He's hurt for god sake!

His eyes widened and he looked up, only for the tape to drop from his hand.

It didn't take me much time to close the distance between us.
Fearfully, I pointed towards the wound, "What is this?"
"E_Erica!", He stuttered and then looked back to stick the one end of the tap, so the whole wound is covered.

But before he could do so, I grabbed his hand.

"What is this? How did you get hurt Eric? This is why you were away for a whole day?", My eyes watered as I said that...

"N_No! Erica! That...I mean..."

"Let me see it....what hurt you so much... and why you aren't telling me.."

He distanced from me, "No Erica...not now!"

I was raged at his behaviour. He doesn't trust me enough to share this with me. He was in pain and I didn't give a damn about it.

"Shut up!", I yelled at him and he looked taken aback.

I came forward and kept a hand on his shoulder while my right hand held that one end of tape and gently pulled it. He winced in pain.

"Just stay calm... we'll call I doctor..", I assured him and looked down at the wound only for the earth to shake the second time today.

What I saw not just widened my eyes, but imprinted in my brain like a fucking leech.

On his chest in a diagonal manner was written...

" E R I C A ' S "

*

Ok guys! I was messaged about who I think of while I write about Eric and Erica.
I am not certain about Erica... but for Eric I am sure as hell...

 but for Eric I am sure as hell

For them as a couple

For them as a couple...may be this one...

The man above is Turkish actor named Can Yaman

The man above is Turkish actor named Can Yaman. Am not sure about the actress.