Chapter 4.

Amber's POV>>

||After School||

Finally, one day of hell crossed off my list. It's already hard enough to not kiss Johnson when he's over, now imagine it when he's in every single one of my classes.
This is going to be the hardest year ever.
Johnson's coming over after school today and so is Clair and Sammy, so we'll probably be hanging out while the boys do whatever the hell they do. Supposedly, Jack is throwing the "best party of the year" tonight, which is what he says every time. One of his college buddies is bringing beer, Jack will find a supply of weed, and someone else will find any other type of drink that will make you forget the night. I, being the nothing I am, put noise canceling headphones in and read whatever book I am currently reading, well, that's what Jack thinks I do.
The car ride goes fast, Jack is driving, Clair's in the passenger seat, and Johnson, Sam, and I are in the back. Not to mention I am sitting between them, I see Sam trying to look down my shirt and Johnson is sitting on his phone.
Jack turns on the radio to cancel the awkward silence and on comes 'Never Be' by Five Seconds Of Summer.
"TURN IT UP!" I scream at Jack. Everyone jumps a little and he turns it up.
I wait until the chorus and start belting it out. Johnson's admiring me to my left and Sammy is still trying to look at my cleavage.
Once the songs over I lean back and take a breath, hardest workout ever.
Johnson starts laughing because I'm panting since the loss of breath. I smack his shoulder and we both start laughing.
Once we're home I tell Jack I have to grab my school materials, Jack and Clair are waiting till the weekend and Sammy is doing whatever the hell he's doing.
"I'll come with!" Johnson says.
Shit.
"Oh, um sure, let's go." I stutter. Great.
I walk out to the car with Johnson following behind me.
Once we pull out of the driveway the car's silent.
"Are you okay?" Johnson asks me.
"Oh, u-um, y-yeah, sure. Of course." I stuttered again. Dammit.
"Okay, um yeah." It's silent again until we reach the store.
Once in the store we search the aisles for what we need, grabbing one for the both of us.
"You two are adorable." An older lady says to us. "Cutest couple ever." She adds.
My face goes a tint of red and I notice Jack's face get red too.
"Oh we're not dating." I finally say. Jack's face shows a look of..sadness?
I brush it off and finish shopping.

||At Home||

Once Jack and I pull up its crowded.
"Shit, we're late." I say.
"Um, we need a plan." Johnson says.
"I'll bring the bags to my room and bring your stuff to you tomorrow. I'll be in my room the whole party." I say.
He nods and we step out of the car.
As soon as the door opens I can smell alcohol and weed, I see people talking, making out, people grinding on each other.
I run as fast as I can to my room. Good thing I locked the door. I push a bobby pin into the lock and run in the room, to lock it again.
I sort out which of the stuff Johnson and I bought is mine, and which is his. His will stay in a bag and I'll put mine in my backpack.
I make sure my room's clean and my door is locked. Just to be safe, I put a chair in front of the door handle so nobody can get in.
I grab my book before opening the window and climbing down the ladder type thing until I have to hop down three feet.
I push through two or three people until I make it so the woods. I find my path and follow it until I'm at the cliff. Also known as "the place". Jack and I would sleep out here every night when our dad was on business trips. Honestly I think he forgot about this place. I find our flashlight and open my book, shining on the page I left off on.
I hear something snap and turn around.
"Amber..I-I-I think I like you, a lot."

<<hehe another update(: I will try to update every day otherwise at least two times a week!>>