chapter 40

Paul's pov:

I closed my locker john had just gone to the cafeteria with Pete and Stu so now I was alone. I needed to find George but where could he be? I thought for a moment the only place I could think of was the cafeteria because y'know he loved to eat. I shrugged it was a place to start, I walked through the doorway to the cafeteria and first got eye contact with John. I then looked over at the table where me and George always sat, and George sure sat there.

I took a deep breath and started to walk over to George. George hadn't seen me yet and just before I let him know I was just behind him I looked nervous over at John, he gave me a reassuring look. I walked past George and sat on the opposite side of the table as I always did.

"George?" I asked reluctant.

He looked at me with a dead look and went back to his food. Some time passed before I took the courage to talk again.

"I'm sorry y'know"

"right" he snorted.

I got really hurt by the way he acted but I just ignored the pain, "what do you want me to say?"

He shrugged and took a big bite of a sandwich. I sighted ad said quiet," I just... want us to be friends again"

George swallowed hard and looked at me, "look how would you feel if you found your friend together with a person you had warned about?"

I opened my mouth to say something but then closed it again when I found I had nothing to say. He sighted and stood up. I just sat as I saw him walk out the door, I then buried my head in my arms, what should I do?

John's pov:

I had a close eye on their conversation and when I saw George walk away, I couldn't help myself any longer, I had to talk to Paul now, but how?

I stood up and instantly regretted it, what was I going to tell Stu and Pete?

"hey where you going John?" I heard Pete ask.

I sighted and turned around, "well I want to know what's happening over there"

They both looked puzzled at me.

"why?" Stu asked.

"wanner make fun of him or something?" Pete asked with a smirk.

"no not really" I said and turned around.

As I walked over to Paul, I started to realize what I had just done. I sat down at the same spot George had sat just minutes earlier. Paul looked up from his arms and jumped in surprise, "John, what are you doing?!" he asked quiet.

I smiled and said, "supporting you"

"bu-but what about Stu and Pete?"

"what abut them?" I asked stupid.

I could see Paul looked over my shoulder where Stu and Pete sat, "do they look angry?" I asked.

"yeah but most confused, I think"

I giggled a bit, but then asked, "anyway, what happened between you and George?"

Paul looked down at the table and then spoke, "well... he just kind of ignored me"

I was about to say something, but Paul interrupted me, "he's just so stubborn!"

"well maybe he just needs some time"

He sighted, "I don't know John"

I gently grabbed his shoulder and looked him directly in the eyes, "hold on he'll get over it"

He nodded, "thank you Johnny"

I gave him a worm smile, but then the bell rang. I sighted and stood up. Paul stood up as well and we walked together over to our lockers. I could see Paul was in a really bad mood so I grabbed his chin and made him look at me, "remember I have to go to class with Stu and Pete, you only got one problem"

He smiled bit then suddenly got a worried look, "you idiot our "friendship" was supposed to be secret now everyone knows just because you pity me"

I chuckled, "don't worry I don't need Stu and Pete they just any me you are the only "friend" I need"

"you're still a stupid git" he said and turned around to go to class.

I smirked and walked to class as well, but for the first time in years alone.

Authors note:

Holy moly 40 chapters!!! I can't believe it.

Sorry this chapter is so short, but I felt like this was a good ending to this chapter. As always thank you for reading and I hope you like this chapter, if you did then please vote and if you got anything to say then write a comment 😊