Chapter Twenty One (part two)

It had been two weeks and Merida's relationship with Yuri had gone deeper. Today, Yuri gets discharge from the hospital and it's Merida's last day. They will get to spend outside and into the streets of this city. Also, maybe on the beach.

"Yuri, you will need to wait for your parents to get you out of here," said one of the nurses.

"You know they aren't coming. They're always busy. I'll have to die first before they come for me and give me a speech about how much they love me," Yuri mocked, rolling her eyes at the nurses.

"Let's just wait," Merida told Yuri.

Yuri's doctor went inside with a clipboard on his hand. "Nurses, she's okay to go. Her parents had called already. She can leave."

"Ugh finally!" Yuri yells and then looks at the nurses. "Told y'all they were too busy."

Yuri then took Merida's hand and storm out the room. They were laughing while they run to catch up on the elevator. Inside, their laughter echoed. Merida thought Yuri was so much fun to be with.

"Now, I'll show you my city," Yuri beamed.

They walked the city together, crossing the highways as if there was no cross bridge. An enforcer even tried to chase them but before he could get to the other side, he lost them in the crowd.

Yuri and Merida stopped at a narrow alley, catching their breath for running too much.

"Do you always do this?" Merida asked.

"No," Yuri answered, chuckling. "I just want you to have fun and forget. So if this break is over, you'll be ready to face him."

Merida did forget all the things that happened. That's how fun it is to be with Yuri. You forget. "I feel like I'm changing. I don't feel like the same ugly girl who was such a loser and a pushover. I feel great!"

"A person can feel great and then meh on the next moment. It's just actually choosing to stay positive and I like how you're finally thinking that way," Yuri stated.

"Yeah... I used to believe in a quote 'I'd rather be hurt than hurt others' but now, I don't know anymore. At some point in your life, there's always going to be that life-changing pain. It'll sprinkle you with new things and so I want to change and cross out that quote. Believing in that shit made me become a pushover. I want to learn how to set boundaries so they won't keep treating me the same old bad ways they do."

Yuri clapped proudly at what Merida realized. "Hey, do you want to go and eat? That speech was deep," Yuri added and then laughed.

Wow! Merida never really thought that she was capable of saying that. She sounded brave and bold, she thought.

Yuri dragged Merida and they took a cab to a mall. They were taking selfies inside the taxi. Never in Merida's wildest dreams did she thought she'd take a single selfie with her pouting and making faces.

They ate at a fast-food. Even though they can afford a fancy restaurant, they chose what they think they can be loud. Who cares about being fancy? Yuri can't stand fancy dramatic people.

After they ate they went to a salon and Merida got a new haircut. She now has shoulder-length hair and she changed hair colours from black to ombré hair.

"It suits you! Oh my God!" Yuri yells once they were all done. "Next thing is clothes and shoes!"

They went their way picking clothes and Yuri was doing all the works. Yuri has a great style and is definitely a fashionista. And you can guess that Merida has been coming in out the fitting room.