Chapter Twenty One

Merida went straight to the hospital where her mom works for. It was a big one than of their city. At the information area, she asked the stationed nurse for her mom.

"Oh! She has an operation tonight, love. You can wait for her at her office or in the lobby," a beautiful nurse told her.

Merida smiled and thanked the nurse before she left. She went to her mom's office, she remembers her mom touring her during one of their video calls. Inside, she put her luggage and rest for a while.

Then her stomach growled. She sighed. Merida remembers that paper bag Leo gave her. She took it out and there were a lot of egg rolls and rice balls. "He's so sweet," she mumbles.

Merida never liked eating when she's in a hospital. Especially when she hears wheels rushing somewhere. She took her paper bag with her and her tumbler to go up. Using the elevator made it easier and faster to get to the rooftop.

It was quiet and peaceful so she started eating her food. Leo's cooking skills were perfect just like her mothers. She giggled while she ate.

"Wow! I've never seen someone in real life reacts the way you do while tasting just egg rolls." Someone suddenly said.

Merida's eyes widened. This person looked like someone who once told her to fight back. That boy whose gaze was so calming... is it—

"What are you staring at?"

That snapped her out of what she was thinking and then looked down in embarrassment. "I uh... it was..." She's wrong. This person was not a boy.

"No need to be all red about it," the short hair girl told her. "I'm Yuri by the way."

"I'm Me— Love. My name is Love," Merida used her second first name. "Want some?" She offered Yuri her food.

Yuri took a bite and she remembers someone. "You know this tastes so familiar to me. It tastes perfect yet ... annoying."

Merida just looked at Yuri chewing and having that weird look on her face. Yuri looked like a boy with her short black hair. She has those blue eyes that would drown you when you stare at it for too long. She's beautiful, Merida thought.

"So, are you a patient?" Yuri asked her.

"Uh no. My mother works here and so I came to visit from another city," Merida replied. "What about you?"

Yuri chuckled. "Don't you see this gown? I've been here for a while now. My wounds are almost healed up. I might be able to go home next week."

"Oh."

"You're not a good talker are you?" Yuri stared at Merida. It was kind of an intimidating stare that made Merida look away.

She shakes her head side to side. Then Yuri chuckled. "I'll tour you around when I get out of this stinky building. Ever been to a beach?"

"Once when I was a kid."

"A kid? That's how old were you?"

Merida suddenly looked at Yuri with a look and a slightly furrowed forehead.

"Sorry. The doctors here are contagious. They'd be asking you when was the last time you got hospitalized and you say when I was a kid. Then they're like, 'how old were you? What year was that?' As if I remember!" Yuri yells rolling her eyes.

Merida surprisingly laughed. It feels comfortable listening to Yuri. Also, it feels new that she doesn't feel scared after just being betrayed.

"So tell me about you," Yuri said.

"Well, I don't know. I always get bullied at my school. I came here because I was betrayed by people. It's too heartbreaking so I decided to walk away from it before even hearing his words." Merida looked down because her tears were forming.

"His words. Hmm... Seems like you had a breakup, pretty girl." Yuri commented. "It's okay to cry. Go ahead."

Merida sobbed. "It's just... he saved me. He made me feel beautiful... he told me I'm beautiful. I believed it and he was just lying."

Yuri smirked gazing up the night sky. "Saved you? How?"

"He was the first one who stood up for me. He treated me so good that I fell in love with him and before I knew it, I was too attached. Only he uhm..." Merida stopped to look up, wiping her tears.

"Don't you think it matters more who lasted than who was the first?"

Merida turned to see Yuri smiling at her.

"He didn't lie when he told you you're beautiful. What he lied about was promising that his love will never change. He told you he'll be there. He told you broken promises and you were such a fool to believe so."

Merida realized Yuri must've had a break up before too. All she said was true. Jacob had promised her such lies and she was a fool.

"Yuri, you have been bro—"

"Obviously! A lot of times. Boys will always—as in always feed you broken promises. That's why you need to find yourself a man. A man who will be able to handle you and understands you, give you attention with pure intentions. Or just someone who wakes up with same emotions he feels for you and maybe loves you a little more every day. Someone who doesn't give up on you."

Wow...

"I'm speechless..." Merida whispers.

"Nice to meet you, Love." Yuri then stands up. "I'm going back to my room. Want to walk me there?"

Merida nodded. She picked up her things and they both went down together. Yuri's room was on the 7th floor.

"I'll see you when I see you," Yuri said, stepping out of the elevator. Merida just waved with a smile on her mouth.

At her mom's office, she waited for a while until her mom came. She rushed to her mom for a tight hug.

"I missed you, mom!"

Beth hugged her daughter super tight and hears her sobs. Her heart broke; ah... the heartbreak must've happened.

"It's okay. I'm always here for you, honey. It's love, sometimes it hurts," Beth whispered and kiss her daughter's head.

Merida didn't say anything for almost two minutes. Her heart was still calming down. Her mom's embrace is cosy and comforting.

"Mom, I made a friend here," she changed the subject.

"Really?" Beth excitedly asked.

"Yes! Her name is Yuri. She's a patient in this hospital. She's nice and pretty."

Beth tried to remember that name because it sounds so familiar. Yuri? her eyes widened when she remembered.

"Do you mean Yuri on the 7th floor?" Beth's voice was loud.

"Uhm... yes? Are you her doctor?"

"No... It's just she's a good girl." Beth answered and smiles. Nope! Yuri is not a good patient at all! Beth hears a lot of remarks about Yuri. She makes nurses run after her, she injects nurses she finds annoying with what she's supposed to have. There's a lot more to that girl than meets the eye.

Beth shrugged. You really can't judge someone with just rumours from people.

Question: Who do you think will Merida be with?  >~<