iii.

"Is he an Aries?" A girl with blonde hair and blue cobalt eyes asks as she sits down beside me. 

     I look at her then to the bleachers. There are around fifty people watching but the bleachers are not as overcrowded for someone to sit beside me too closely. 

     I look at where her line of gaze is and it's on the court where the third quarter of the game is happening. 

     I can't quite comprehend what she just asked so I may be giving her a puzzled look because she then adds, "The guy in the jersey number 88, is he an Aries?" she says pointing to Rocky while looking at me. 

     Her face tells me she's used to giving people her pink smile. She radiates this light and uplifting presence. I don't know if you believe in auras, but that is what she gives off.

     "Oh he's a San Jose," I answer. 

     Immediately, her smile turns bigger. "You're funny. I meant his zodiac sign." She explains. 

     I hit my forehead with my palm out of reflex. I am so embarrassed I physically manifested the word 'face-palmed'. 

    I know what astrology is but she suddenly appeared out of nowhere that I didn't really have time to put the question in that context. 

     "Oh, you don't have to do that," She gasps, "Let's start again, then. Is he an Aries?"

     I look at her confused. I let a few seconds pass to see if she's going to crack but she is serious. 

     Something tells me to play into it and so I answer, "I don't know. But he seems like a Taurus to me."

    "Oh, why is he a Taurus? Is he stubborn?" She inquires with her doll-like eyes.

     "Ah no. Because he's full of bull," I allege and she laughs while covering her lips with her tiny and candle-like fingers.

     See, I know my astrology. 

     "You're funny. I'm Casey, a Gemini," she introduces as she offers her hand. 

     "Are you teasing me?" I interrogate with a raised brow.

     "What?" She asks. She seems genuinely bewildered by what I asked. I feel like, at this moment, we are just both giving each other reasons to become more baffled by each other's minds. But somehow, it still works.

    "Oh, sorry. I have a thing with handshakes as of the moment but I'll make an exception," I admit while taking her hand, "I'm Naomi, 2nd year Accounting student. You like him?" I add as she seems very curious about Rocky. 

     To be honest, I can see it. A cute girl like her who seems tall enough would look perfect with Rocky. 

    "Oh no, I try to stay away from an Aries, their passion for things is too much for me" Casey says as if it is the most normal thing to say in this line of conversation.

     What she said screams pretty girl privilege to me because if it was me? I wouldn't have to stay away from people because that is the default. Look, I am not ugly nor am I pretty. Average is the perfect word to describe me. Now, my brother would say I'm reaching but believe me, I am a 5. 

     I push my thoughts back on our conversation and inquire, "How are you so sure that he's an Aries?"

     "I heard he accepted a bet? They're competitive like that. Well, that's only one thing. I have seen him a few times, and he's done a lot of Aries things. But that's just a guess. You can't really put people into containers," Casey clarifies.