000

Areum's flashback

"Can we get ice cream please?" I kept asking with a smile on my face. "Honey, not today okay, we can get it another time, your mother and sibling are tired, let's go home." "But we always get ice cream! Please! I want ice cream!" Father sighed, "Alright we'll get ice cream but we must be quick okay?" I squealed and nodded with a bright smile on my face.

If only I listened to father.

The car tried to stop but was too late. The huge lorry hit the car and the car flew off the road.

The smell of gas was so strong as I groaned and tried to move. I felt something wet on my forehead. I touched it and saw blood, I gasped, "Mommy I'm bleeding, what happened?" I looked at my mother "M-mommy, daddy, b-brother. Wake up! It's not funny!" None of them were moving, I got out of the car and saw crowds of people standing a few distance away from it. "Hey the kid got out!" Someone shouted. I was about to turn around when someone quickly took my hand,and dragged me away from the car.I started crying, I was so lost, so confused, so scared. The man squatted down so he was the same level as me. "Kid, close you eyes okay, until I say open them okay? You'll get a nice reward." I looked at the man, he was wearing a uniform. I nodded hesitantly as I closed my eyes. I yelped as I was lifted off the ground.

I had no idea how long it was when I was finally told to open my eyes. The same man handed me a candy for being a good kid. I tried asking where my family was, but the man kept replying and saying that  they will be back soon.

A few minutes later, Aunt Eunji came and brought me to her house. She brought me to a room and all my stuff was there.

I kept asking where they were but she only replied with they won't be back.

Ten years passed, I was only five then. For five years they kept feeding me with lies, telling me that my family would be back.

But I found out. They were gone. And it's all my fault.

- Edited -