Taegi

It truly was simple, the way it all unfolded.

Yeah. Simple. If simple meant misunderstandings and lack of communication and everything being completely chaotic.

  Maybe it was over time, maybe Yoongi never realized it or maybe it never was there to begin with and he was just imagining things.

Kim Taehyung in the older days was a very enthusiastic person in general. From the moment he filmed his first BTS video diary to the way he jumped excitedly at the thought of the song he composed being on one of their albums, to even small things such as interacting with fans and reading comments.

  He didn't really grow out of his enthusiasm, but instead, he hides it much more than he used to. Yoongi can still see that same boy when he looks into Tae's eyes while they're on stage. He can still see the giddiness and smile on his face that comes at the mention of army, or when he sings and makes his own music. He can see that same emotion when Tae finishes recording, or when he releases a song.

  The only difference now, though, is what else Yoongi sees. He hadn't thought about it until recently, but Taehyung sure has matured in many ways. He's grown more, just like everyone else in life does, but Yoongi can't help but only keep his eyes on Taehyung. He would always catch himself admiring him.

Maybe it was pure pride, or maybe it was something more than that. Maybe Yoongi found it hard to admit that Taehyung was way too handsome for this world. Maybe it was too much to admit that Yoongi could easily feel butterflies in his stomach by a mere glance from Taehyung. Maybe he couldn't admit that he loved when Taehyung would annoy him and be too touchy. Wouldn't it be weird to admit?

Weird to admit that he feels such a way about the silly boy who gradually made his way into Yoongi's life? His own band member?

Yoongi thought that maybe he was just plain lost. Maybe he's just generally a very shy person who gets flustered easily and for some reason can't control himself every time Taehyung does or says something to him.

Okay, Yoongi is a shy and easily flustered person, but the Taehyung part doesn't make sense to him. He can't help but always put himself in these "what if" situations every time Tae so much as breathes in his direction.

For example, when Taehyung gives song recommendations on social medias, Yoongi thinks of himself in the situation of the songs. Especially the love songs. What if he was recommending that song specifically for him?

Now, why the hell would Tae do that?

Or when Taehyung would sing Yoongi's verse in any song. What if he's doing that to get Yoongi's attention? That sounds stupid.

How about when Taehyung deliberately argues with Yoongi about small things for absolutely no reason. What if it's an excuse to hold hands? That sounds even more stupid.

"What if".. Yoongi's overreacting.

He's just putting himself into situations for no reason. Maybe he's just bored. Maybe his love life is so dull and Taehyung's just there to fill in the spot in his drowning imagination.

Maybe he's making excuses, though.

What if he actually likes Taehyung?

His What if thoughts were cut off when he heard a knock on his hotel door. They had been on tour, but it was close to coming to an end. He would be happy to be back in his own bed after the end of the tour, but he wasn't sure how he'd feel to let go of the tour and army.

  He sighed as he rolled out of the bed, the bottom of his pajama pants falling down his legs from being bunched up together.

"Taehyungie?" He questioned.