Chapter 44

Chapter 44

ISANG babaeng blangko ang ekspresyon ang nakatitig sa akin ngayon. As I raised my hand towards my neck to feel the pendant that my twin sister gave to me ten years ago, the girl who was staring at me do the same.

It dawn to me that it's me and I'm staring at the mirror. 

Clad in a black dress with a pair of black louboutin patuloy ko padin pinapanood ang aking imahe mula sa salaman. 

I couldn't fathom what am I going to feel tonight. 

I don't want to feel happy because clearly I am not. 

I don't want to feel sad because I am not. 

I don't want to feel accomplished because the party hasn't started. 

But I feel reassured that everything's going to be okay since I am not alone in this battle. 

They say a primrose doesn't need someone's help in order to succeed but I am not that primrose that my ancestor was pertaining. 

I am not the primrose Maze Palace described.

Isolated. Lonely.  Vile. Powerful. Unmerciful.

I learned to have friends whom I can rely own. 

Friends who will not leave me just because I am above them. Konti man ang naging kaibigan ko pero masasabi ko na ang swerte ko sa kanila. 

"Are you ready?" Tiningnan ko ang repleksyon ni Amy sa salamin at tumango. 

"As ready as I could." 

"Good. Then let's show them what you're capable off."

"You think I can do this?" Wika ko. 

Bumuntong hininga ito at humarap sa akin.

"Tori, all these time I thought you're just lonely and that you need someone there for you but as years goes by I realized that you are the strongest person I met. Never I saw you get afraid. Along the way you got stumbled, got hurt but you always stood up and accept those flaws and learn from it. So yes, you can do it because you are Victorique and that you are the Primrose and that makes you something."

Napangiti ako sa sinabi niya. 

"Never pegged you to sprout some words of wisdom." Inikotan niya ako ng mata at ngumiti. 

"Oh, shut up."

The De Blois' Ballroom is located at Maze Palace's east side probably nearer to Gate 5 and miles away from the De Blois' main residence. 

I look down to see people with different color, gender and nationality. Wearing different clothes that represent their countries and speaking to their mother tongue. 

"This is probably the most luxurious ball I'd attended." Narinig kong wika ni Amy sa may bandang kaliwa ko. 

"Of course, we are De Blois'" I snorted and sent Wheesus a glare. The boy never know when to shut up his mouth. 

"Rothschilds are here at 12 o'clock." Bulong sa akin ni Iyah kaya napatingin ako sa may bandang unahan. 

There I could see Vail Rothschild clad in his finest suit, with him, was Victoire his only son and Amera Rothschild her only grand daughter. 

Even with the mask I could see the hatred and angers that lies upon the eyes of Vail Rothschild.

Ano kaya ang kinakagalit niya?