Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Years ago...

NAGHAHABOL ng hininga ang sampung taong gulang na babae habang dala-dala ang mensahe ng kanyang kapatid. Their house has been compromised by unknown people and she cannot find her parents nor her siblings. 

Barefooted, she runs  across to the hallway searching for her family and finding herself  in front of the theater room where she heard four gunshots fired. Habang papalapit sa silid ay tila naririnig niya ang sigaw ng isang babae na nakikilala niyang ang ina niya. She heard pleas and cries. 

Natatakot man ay dahan-dahan siyang lumapit sa loob ng silid ngunit naisip ng niya na baka mapansin siya ng kung sino man sa loob and then she remembered the secret passage their parents built for them connecting to the different rooms in their house.

Their house is called Maze Palace to some people. It hold 20,000 hectares and known as the most secretive small town in the world. All of their servant lives in this place and can never go out same as them but that changes when her father became the headmaster of their clan. 

He allowed all the people to explore the outside skirt of the Maze palace. 

The main headquarters also known as the house of prime was built since the dark ages, traps and secret passages were build for us to escape easily if someone intrudes and destroy us and unfortunately, it is happening at this very minute. 

I am very aware even at a young age that our family is not like the traditional family out there. We choose a master of the house; who commands at everything, the attendant; whose work is to protect the master of the house and the Diyels. They are very rare and only my twin have it and then there is me. 

The primrose whose work is still unknown.

Dali-daling umalis ang bata sa harpan ng silid at umikot sa tapat ng isang malaking iskultura at maingat na inusod ito pakanan. A very dark alley welcomed her but still decided to go in to see the what was happening in the theater room. Right after she closes the door of the secret passage dim light illuminated in the alley enabling her to see the way. 

She hurriedly run her way to the theater room and was surprised to see her eldest sister Cynthia Ann crying holding their youngest brother Wheesus in her arms.

"Sœur..." (sister..)

Nanlalaking mata na napalingon ito sa kanya. 

"Que fais-tu ici, prima?" (What are you doing here, prima?"

"Que se passe-t-il? Où est maman et papa?" (What is going on? Where is mama and papa?"

She saw her sister shushing her and signals to come closer. Maingat siyang naglakad papunta sa pwesto ng mga kapatid. Her eyes widened when she saw her parents and her twin sister inside the theater room. Nasa walo ang nasa loob ng silid kasama na doon ang magulang at kakambal.

Maliit na parang two-way mirror na sapat para makita nilang tatlo ang nangyayaro sa loob ng silid.

"How dare you to come in to our house and cause ruckus, Vail!" Galit na wika ng kanilang ama habang yakap-yakap ang asawa. 

She cannot see the guy her father referred to as Vail dahil nakatalikod ito sa gawi kung nasaan sila. 

"The prophecy is true! May tinatago pa kayong kamukha ng prima! Alam niyong maghihirap ang lahat kapag pinagpatuloy niyo itong kalapastangan na ito!" Galit na bulyaw ng lalaking nakatalikod sa kanila.

"What do you expect huh! Killed my own fvcking child? I'm not like you Vail! I don't kill my own child for my beliefs!"

"A belief that let us live and be prosperous!"