49: Sweet Talk

Author's p.o.v,

Mina came home at 4 in the morning, hair tousled and obviously reeked of alcohol. She didn't have the intention to be quiet as she entered the apartment, knowing no one's home. So she can drop the perfect wife act.

She took off her heels and stepped into the dark living room nonchalantly.

"You're late."

Mina gasped out loud when she heard the voice. She immediately turned around and saw Jungkook sitting on the couch, arms crossed over his chest.

He stood up and switched on the lights, revealing Mina looking like a party-animal. He eyed her suspiciously.

"Ba-babe. I thought you weren't coming home tonight.", she stuttered nervous.

"And I thought you'd be home tonight.", Jungkook said, causing her to gulp. "Where's Ara? Didn't see her in her room.", he continued.

"I-I left her at my friend's place.", she answered.

"Why? So that you can party all night?", Jungkook asked, voice low and scary.

Mina's pupils started to shake, afraid that he'd see her true colors.

"I-uh, um-"

Jungkook started laughing and Mina was so confused.

"Don't worry, Mina. You don't have to act perfect all the time. You're a housewife and you never take a break. It's okay for you to have fun and go wild once in awhile.", Jungkook reached forward and patted her head gently.

Mina felt how her heart skipped a beat inside her chest.

The last time Jungkook was nice to her was at a club before she drugs him and fucks him. So, this soft tone and actions of his made her heart flutter.

"Hmm. Why are you looking at me like that?", Jungkook tilted his head, looking clueless. Mina's heart felt like it was going to burst any moment with how his face was dangerously close to his.

"You're nice to me, even when no one's around.", she let out, eyes wide and face red.

Jungkook pouted. He fucking pouted and Mina felt like she was losing control.

"I think I am finally coming in terms with our marriage, Mina.", he said. Mina couldn't believe what he just said.

"I'm sorry for refusing to have sex with you yesterday. I'm starting to have feelings for you but I'm still not ready to have skin ship and sex part. I hope you'd understand me but when you force like that on me, I got all frustrated and mad. Sorry.", he apologized.

"You-you have feelings for me?", she squeaked. Jungkook nodded, looking away.

Mina let out a huge grin, feeling fireworks exploding everywhere around her.

"I-I'm sorry too. For forcing myself onto you like that. I shouldn't have.", she said, causing Jungkook to smile.

"You're the best.", he said.

"No, you are.", Mina lightly nudged his chest and Jungkook let out a laugh.

"So babe, go wash up. As much as you look sexy, the alcohol....", Jungkook scrunched his face a little and chuckled.

"Oh... Oh- Sure.", she said shyly. "See you in the morning, Kookie.", she kissed his cheek.

Jungkook smiled. "See you. Good night.", he said and watched her walked away, disappearing out of his sight.