21: Fan Fiction like situation

[ a/n: i can't believe this trashy book hit 1k votes already ;-; tysm guys. and also, is it just me or tae's 'winter bear' kinda suits this book's theme? idk why but the lyrics are just so sweet and ahhhhhh. ]

• • •

Remember when I said I've never dated anyone before? Well, it's not wrong~ But that doesn't mean my first love is Kim Taehyung.

There's this guy. I met him when I was twelve. I was in a separate class from Yerin that year and that was how I met him. I've never once looked at a guy until him.

I was in the same class with gorgeous girls that year. A very petty girl called, Han Soomi befriended me, which I was very grateful. I mean, I was fat. Extremely fat. Plus I had these thick black ugly glasses on. I look nothing like how I am now.

Guys made jokes about my body, my skin color and my nose. I never cared about what they said.

But for Kim WooBin.... He was different. He approached Soomi and I two months after 8th grade started. He didn't treat me like trash. He was very sweet. I had no idea why he would treat me differently.

We became best friends. He was my first ever guy friend and crush. It crushed me when he asked help from me to make Soomi fall in love with him. What could I say? Why would a pretty boy like him would fall in love with a fatso like me? I should be grateful enough that he befriended me.

So, I agreed to help him. And yes, the mission succeeded. They became couples. I thought they'd last forever but they broke up too soon.

Soomi moved to the United States after first semester and you know what was the last thing she said before she leaves?

"Please don't ever fall in love with WooBin."

I already broke the promise even before she told me cause heck, I was so in love with him. It was so bitchy of me to think I stand a chance now that she's gone.

Woo Bin somehow distanced himself from me after he broke up with Soomi. Maybe he felt just awkward.

If I became prettier, would WooBin fall for me?

I wished so hard that I would become pretty, lose weight and become famous. Maybe the angels were on my side, my wishes were granted during summer break.

My skin became clearer after my first period. I lost weight because I had serious health issues that year. I became famous because my dad took me with him to a business party which had the media. It somehow went viral because the daughter of SAMSUNG's CEO is so beautiful. My dad went through a lot of hassle to take down the news as he didn't want my face to leak in public. My life did a 180' flip that summer.

When 9th grade started, everyone at school started treating me differently except for Yerin. She's the only one who never change. I was so happy that I was in the same class as her and Woobin.

WooBin... his friendly self from the start of 8th grade kicked in. We became best friends. I thought that something more could have happened between us but... I ended up match making him many girls. I was his so-called best friend aka personal Cupid.

Yerin was so angry with my state because I couldn't confess and was stuck in the friend zone. Heck, I even went far by lying to him that his guy best friend is my crush when he asked me who's my crush. He said he wanted to repay me for helping him out.

I was going to confess him at prom night but.. he didn't show up. I never see him again or heard of him after the last day of 10th grade.

Ah. I guess high school crush cases are all complicated.

I truly loved him and somewhere deep down in this heart of mine, I doubt I still have sparks for him. There are nights I still think about him but these days, this certain person is distracting me. Kim Taehyung.

...

"What?! No way.", Jungkook gasped and I snapped out of my trance. I chuckled. "Jungkook... I love Taehyung and BTS but not in THAT way, you know? More like I didn't even dare to dream of having a chance with you guys-"

"You can start dreaming now though.", Taehyung cut off my sentence. My eyes widened as I stared at the man sitting in front of me. He was looking at me with such a serious gaze. I felt like I couldn't escape.

Silence~

"Kidding! Who's your first love anyway?", his tone and expression totally changed, earning a small relief from me.

I shook my head, having a small smile on my face. "Oh well... we all have these stupid high school crushes that never end well, do we?", I asked.

"No."

The three of them answered at the same time and I sighed. "Well then, I do.", I said, almost scoffing.

HOW CAN THEY NOT?!

"Anyways, his name is Kim Woo Bin—"

"Kim Woo Bin?!", Taehyung shrieked, eyes big. I gave him a puzzled look. "Yeah, is something wrong with that?", I asked, brows furrowing.

Taehyung searched for his phone and started finding for something in it. Yerin , Jungkook and I were so confused about his actions.

He then placed his phone screen right in front of my face and my eyeballs  almost left my sockets upon seeing the picture.

I scrunched my face, clearly had no idea what was going on. "You know him?!", I asked, voice sounding more like a shriek.

"He's my goddamn cousin!!", Taehyung said and I literally wanted to bang my head against the table.

What's with this fan-fiction like situation?

• • •

[ a/n: this is what Kim Woo Bin looks like y'all!! ]