26: Together

It was 10:45am as I was standing in front of the cinema entrance 8 where only VIPs could enter. We decided to purchase the VIP ticket because if the public see both of us together, it'd be quite a stir.

I was in my cutest outfit, make up on point and hair curled; all just to impress Taehyung. As I was waiting for him, I couldn't help but reminisce about the conversation on the phone last night.

_____

"Kim Taehyung, let's go watch a movie."

There was a long pause. Nervousness crawled inside you and you started to panic.

You laughed. "Ha! I'm sorry! I forgot that you'd totally be busy. You're a busy man-"

"Tomorrow, is it?", he said softly and your eyes widened, heart beating faster. You bit your lips for a split second to stop yourself from squealing out loud.

"Yes.", you squeaked.

"Cool. I haven't been to a cinema in ages! What movie do you wanna watch?", he asked excitedly.

"Umm... How about Last Christmas?", you suggested.

"Oh my god. Yes! Love Emilia Clarke.", he said and you nodded in agreement.

"Same! Love Henry Golding too. He is such a snack! Loved him ever since Crazy Rich Asian.", you said, squealing like a fangirl.

You heard Taehyung's chuckle, causing you to smile fondly.

"So Last Christmas?", he asked and you nodded. "Yes, Last Christmas."

"I'll get the VIP seats. We don't wanna cause a scandal again, do we?", Taehyung joked.

"Yeah. It's safer.", you agreed.

"I'll purchase e-tickets and forward you via email afterwards.", he said.

"Cool.", you quickly responded.

There was a small pause between you both. This should be it for tonight but both of you did not hang up yet. Until you decided to butt in.

"So uh... see you tomorrow?", you said, heartbeat accelerating.

"Mhmm. See you tomorrow.", he said. You were about to hang up and then-

"Sweet Night, Minhee.", he said and you grinned so widely.

Taehyung always has his own way with words and phrases. You see. People normally would say 'I love you. I trust you.' But he made up a cute phrase like 'I purple you'?

Again. Now, he said 'Sweet Night' instead of 'Good night. Sweet dreams'. You adore this character of this.

"You too. Sweet Night~", you swooned and ended the call, cheeks heating up.

You could not wait to see him tomorrow.

It's a date.

____________

This is definitely not a date.

Not when Woo Bin was standing cheekily right beside Taehyung, giving me a knowing grin. I glared daggers into that jerk, feeling angered.