23: Kindness

/MBC Interview 2021/

Interviewer: What would yall do if you like the same person?

The 7 members laughed out loud.

RM: Us? Our ideal types are different.

JK: We have ARMYYYYY *winks* *blows kisses*

JHOPE: Nah, we wouldn't. This is just weird to think cause we know it wouldn't happen.

SUGA: Jhope's right. Plus if something like that happens, its up to the person's decision.

JIN: I mean we're lazy to chase and duel. We might confess. Let the person decide who she likes. And give up if she likes another member. It'd be funny if she doesn't like any of us.

JIMIN: That's more likely to happen.

Interviewer: Impossible. You guys are perfect. The girl's gonna have a hard time choosing. She'll definitely choose one of you. How about you, V? What do you think?

V: Give up?

Everyone frowned.

Interviewer: Even if the girl likes you?

V: Well, I want people around me to be happy. I don't want to date someone knowing its also breaking someone's heart whom I also care for too. I don't like that. So, I'll just give up.

_______

That's the type of guy he is. I know we just met each other not long ago but I know so much about him. Crazy, isn't?

Meanwhile

Taehyung quietly left the scene, leaving me and Woo Bin alone in the car park. I still haven't turn around to look at him.

"Hey. Won't you even look at me?", he said and I slowly turned around, meeting the man's eyes.

Woo Bin still looked the same. He got a little taller and his hair is longer now. Also, became a bit more muscular? He must have been working out. He is still handsome though. More mature looking too.

"Hi.", was the first thing I could come up with. He smiled.

"Taehyung hyung texted me saying he found my dream girl.", he said shyly, scratching his neck.

"Oh. Nice.", I said.

"You were saying you don't give two shits about me. That you would never come back to me. But, do you mind hearing me out too? I had my reasons. And I just found out that you liked me too. We need confrontation.", he explained. I stared at him for a good few seconds but nodded nonetheless.

________

Taehyung left the two alone in the car park as He was sure they'd have so much to talk about. It had been years. Judging from what Minhee said, she's still in love with his cousin and his cousin loves her. They'd make a good couple.

Yeah, they would. His feelings don't matter. They'll fade away after some distance.

He sat down back in the restaurant to find Jungkook trying to wake Yerin up. She deadass fell asleep.

"Woah. What happened?", he asked in concern. "She's drunk and just passed out like this. What do I do?!", the younger shrieked.

"Is Minhee in the parking lot? I'll go tell her to take her home—"

"Jungkook!", Taehyung stopped him from leaving and the said boy read the panicked expression on the older's face.

There was a moment of silence between the two.

"Is... everything alright?", Jungkook asked wearily. Taehyung pressed his lips into a thin line.

"What did you do V hyung?", Jungkook sighed as he sat back. Taehyung covered his face in his palms and took a deep breath as he removed it.

"Jungkook?", he called and the maknae hummed in response.

"I thought everything is going well with her.", Taehyung started and Jungkook poured soju into the older's glass, getting ready to have some talk.

"I met her on the plane. It was pure coincidence. She's not entirely perfect but I don't know. I want to be around her. I want to know more about her. She's warm-hearted, kind, a girl with goals- Fuck. I could go on a whole A3 list about her.", Taehyung cursed.

"I think I like her so much, Jungkook. It was within a short time but she makes me feel so many things.", he continued and chucked down the whole glass.

"What is stopping you from it, hyung? From what I see you guys would make a good couple.", Jungkook.

Taehyung let out a chuckle. "Thats what I thought too. But she's the girl Woo Bin likes. She's in good hands. They both will be happy."

"How about you? Are you happy?"

Jungkook's question made Taehyung think for a second.

"Eventually, I will be.", he answered and Jungkook facepalmed.

"You know what? I am very disappointed in you sometimes! We always tell ARMYs to love themselves but you never practice that for yourself! Stop putting other's happiness above yours!", the younger practically shouted in frustration.

"But I'm happy when they're happy-"

"No! They're not! Your kindness is hurting people sometimes, hyung. Your kindness is a burden at times! Remember the girls you dated in highschool which you decided to date them because you couldn't reject their confessions? How did it end? You ended up breaking their hearts because of your kindness! Remember how you volunteered for taking the responsibility for my wife's pregnancy?! Taehyung, I'm the one who fucked up! I'm the one who fell into that bitch's trap and ended up marrying a sasaeng! And why would you want to cover that shit for me? Do you know how torn I was when I found out you were going to marry her in my place?!"

Taehyung's throat went dry. No words came out. The younger's words keep ringing in his head like sirens.

"For the love of god, please!!! Please put yourself first for once!", Jungkook begged.

Taehyung tightened his grip on his own trousers, clenching his fists.

"You still don't know who Minhee likes even! Didn't she say Woo Bin is her first love? She probably doesn't even like him anymore. What are you so afraid of? Hurting Woo Bin? Do you think your cousin would be happy knowing you're hurting inside too?", Jungkook continued.

"I-"

"Kim Namjoon. Kim Seokjin. Min Yoongi. Jung Hoseok. Park Jimin. Kim Taehyung. Jeon Jungkook. BTS!!!", Yerin chanted out of no where, startling both guys and let out a grin before passing out again.

The two men blinked for a good few seconds as they stared at her.

"You should really take her home.", Taehyung said and Jungkook nodded in agreement.