Chapter Forty-Two: One in a Million

~All I ever need is here with you~Be With You - Mondays (feat

Be With You - Mondays (feat. Lucy)

~3rd Person POV~

"Get ready to fight our way out of here if Merlin rules against us," Sara warns the Legends. Jessica crouches down, ready to pounce. Once Merlin takes the hood off of her head, the Legends see a very familiar face.

"That's Star Girl." Nate stares. Amaya pushes through the group to see her old teammate.

"What are you doing in Camelot?" Amaya asks intensely.

***

Ray and Jessica stand in a corner of the royal court. They stand in silence, mainly because as a beast, Jessica can't respond.

"Would you have come on the Waverider if you knew we'd be facing Rip?" Ray asks her. Her head snaps from the room to Ray. Knowing she can't respond, Jessica presses her head into his chest and lets a few clicks slip.

Ray pets her scaly cheek, knowing that he'd miss her if she wasn't with him now. The clicks she'd made sounded to him like her telling him not to worry, but that doesn't stop him from doing so. The team finally comes back with Star Girl from the Waverider. Ray and Jessica go to the table to feast.

***

"I can't believe Marty and Mick are missing this!" Ray says with a smile as he puts an empty mug of beer down.

"Like, right? I mean, when's the next time we're gonna get to feast in Camelot?" Jax laughs happily.

"Hey, guys, check it out. That's Sir Galahad!" Ray fawns over the man eating like a pig over his plate. Jessica looks at Ray, then to Sir Galahad and chuckles to herself.

"How do you know that?" Nate asks.

"Because he's sitting in the Siege Perilous!"

"What?" Jax is completely confused, as is Jessica.

"Come on. Some kind of historian you are. Siege Perilous is a special seat reserved for only the purest of knights," Ray explains.

"I don't how many times I have to tell you... there's a difference between legend and history," Nate tells Ray once again.

"I'm gonna go introduce myself." Ray makes his way over to Sir Galahad, and Jessica follows closely behind. "Sir Galahad." Sir Galahad stands. "Oh, is this seat taken?"

"It is now, my friend!" Sir Galahad smiles and shakes Ray's hand as they both sit.

"Apologies, you must get this all the time, but I must tell you, I am a really big fan," Ray tells him excitedly.

"A fan. So you make wind?" The man asks.

"No, no, no, no, no, um... Well," Ray laughs a bit. "I mean, maybe after all this food." Ray's attempt at a joke has Jessica backing away, not wanting to be associated with his horrible jokes. "No, what I mean is I'm a... I'm a big admirer of yours."