Chapter Thirty-Eight: Fairy Button

~Where did I go wrong?I lost a friendSomewhere along in the bitterness~How to Save a Life - The Fray

I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness~
How to Save a Life - The Fray

~3rd Person POV~

Jessica follows Ray as he searches the Waverider for Mick. It doesn't take long for them to find him.

"New news, I found rat droppings in my room," Ray tells Mick.

"And you're telling me this because?

"'Cause rats follow crumbs. Crumbs you drop any time you eat anything," Ray explains.

"What would you have me do then, use a knife and fork?" Mick sasses.

"I would have you clean up after yourself. We've been all over time. That rat could have bubonic plague. Ah!" Mick grabs Ray's arm and twists it behind his back. Jessica immediately shifts and screeches as loud as she can to scare Mick off. She holds her powerful jaws open to show off her fangs. She knows Mick has seen the damage she can do.

"You're lucky you have that lizard," Mick growls as he lets Ray go.

"I've overstepped. I see that now," Ray apologizes. Jessica returns to her human form and puts a hand on his shoulder. "I'm okay."

"You and me forever," Jessica repeats what Ray had said with a smile. The ship suddenly shakes violently, throwing Jessica on top of Raymond.

"You okay?" He asks her. Ray can feel her quick, hot breaths against his chest and can tell the shake spooked her. Ray takes his hands and puts them on her shoulders. "It's okay, it's just a time quake. It means we have work to do." Jessica lets go of Ray, but keeps a hold on his arm to make sure she's safe from any more time quakes.

"Did you guys feel that timequake?" Ray asks Nathan and Amaya who are standing oddly close to one another. Jessica closes her eyes a moment to sense the air. Her animal senses pick up the chemo-signals from Nathan and Amaya and chuckles to herself. "It must have been a monster aberration. Gideon?"

"The shock wave's point of origin was December 25th, 1776."

"That's the night George Washington led the Continental Army across the Delaware," Nathan tells the group of four.

"I'm afraid not. General Washington was murdered that Christmas," Gideon corrects Nathan.

"Let's get everyone in the bridge and talk about it." Amaya leads everyone out to the bridge.

"This is a trap," Sara informs the Legends. "It's Chicago all over again. Thawne and his buddies are trying to lure us into 1776."